Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

ot: potd: ooops with the game going i almost forgot the potd lol

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr morning.

I have not heard from lots of you how the weather is in your neck of the woods?

What do you do, now that gardening slowed down for the below freezing zones?

Oh Chocolate Brug.....thanks for the heads up. Cause when DD will call in a few minutes on her way to work, I will hear how freezing cold it is lol

Today I hope to brighten your day with this little ....and I mean little plant bloom
{{gwi:443457}}From POTD January 2010

Amaryllis Chico

I just have to post another picture to show you HOW SHORT the stem is lol.
{{gwi:443458}}From Pictures for GW friends

Amaryllis La Paz

Can you spot the Chico...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down there? Both are on the table ha ha ha But it looks so cute and petite! Very pretty one.

Just as I hope that your day is a good one.

Praying that PLEASE God, no more painful days with loved ones passing .....People not getting hurt by crooks.....Things to get better for those in desperate need for their lives to be without struggles.

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (13)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That's an interesting looking hippi. I wish that mine were short. I had to cut off a half dozen stalks because they fell, even having been staked. They just got too tall.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

talking about tall and heavy...had to do the same with yours:
    {{gwi:443459}}From Pictures for GW friends

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, you don't want to hear about our weather. I just don't like posting about it when others are having such a hard time. Those flowers are beautiful, and the name Chico is so appropriate for that shorty, lol! Wow, the bloom on the third amaryllis is fantastic! Looks like an old fashion bouquet of flowers.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eloise but it makes us feel good that SOMEWHERE, some of our friends are having good weather :-)

Trust me, I would NEVER freely cut off a bloom from a Amaryllis to put in a Vase...but like Karyn said...sometimes all the support is just not sufficient enough :-(

Lucy

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

TO D#@^ COLD!!!!
    I was enjoying to warmer weather we had been having.
    Now we are in the teens the next couple of nights 44 our high today!!!
    I'm a southern girl and I do not like the freezing temp's.
    YES, I know it's colder up north BUT I do not live up north!
    OK I'm finished B*$@!ing!!!

Good Morning all!
    Beautiful Amaryllis. I was late getting mine this year.
    So hope to have some blooms later.
    Stay Warm.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Beautiful Amaryllis, mine got too tall this year also.

Brrrrrrrrrr is right!

Here in San Antonio we are expecting the coldest weather in 40 years. We might not get above freezing on Friday!

Many of the plants I brought in a few weeks ago are sprouting new leaves. The first hard freeze snuck up on us and I accidentally left the Duranta out and thought it was dead, but now it's sprouting new leaves. Even one small Brug cutting that got left out is now sprouting from the bottom even though the top is shriveled.

We'll be moving the Christmas lights over to the plants that are too big to bring in.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

The brugs are all covered with buds, I hope most of them open before the deep freeze hits us. The majority of the plants will survive. Whatever happens it won't be as bad as Ike!

Ya just gotta role with the punches. When I think I might get depressed I think of how much worse it could be. And go out in the garden. No gardening this week except cold protection. At least I don't live in Alaska.
    Tally HO!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yupp that is what I say most of the times...it could be worse. But now matter how good you are at it...SOME THINGS will get to you and you just got to let it ride out and then get on with it.

It was great working outside for about 1 hour today.

I figured I better get busy and the sun was out so nicely. Cold...but NICE!

Lucy

• linda441
    14 years ago

I am freezing!!! Nuff said. Pretty bad when it is warmer in Seattle Washington than in Florida! GGGGRRRRRRRRR!

• figara
    14 years ago

Very nice amaryllis Lucy.
    Today was a very nice sunny day about 60*. I can't complain :-)). Perfect for this time of the year. Sorry for those who are freezing.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yeah bad new is....it is suppose to get worse before it hopefully gets better....SOON!

a big hug...that'll warm you up somewhat

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Beautiful flowers Lucy! Many of my stalks have snapped off too. Red peacock went into the vase tonight, lol. I spent the day cleaning up a car to sell. It was chilly but I figured I better get it done before it got any colder. I need to put out some more mulch tomorrow. I hope my duranta comes back.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I did not mulch a thing :-( I just have FAITH :-) and HOPE...not for a warmer weather the next few days though :-(

Lucy

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus