Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

ot: potd: man i am glad the amaryllis bulbs are all in the house

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

A very good morning to all GW'lers and friends

I AM NOT GOING OUTSIDE today and Karyn I think I go visit Florida too lol

Wonder if Chocolate Brug's American Pride is a goner or not?

At least with having a few new Amaryllis'...I get to enjoy SOME beauty right now. More to come.
{{gwi:443605}}From POTD January 2010

Amaryllis Santos

I have this one, Emerald, Misty and 2 others in a huge flat big pot...the sizes are perfect from small to tall and now I just wish I could have it where I see it more and not just in the green room.

I hope that none of you will get hurt by this horrible weather that is going around the world.

Hope you will find some joy tody

Lucy

Comments (13)

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, that's great that you are continuing to have some bloom, in this case, your amaryllis! Praying the bad weather will soon subside.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Good morning Lucy and everyone else too!

Pam

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

I have a big red amaryllis getting ready to open, and another big bud on an unknown color - maybe pink. They're a joy in the middle of winter, aren't they?

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Beautiful amaryllis!

Hello everyone been one long day.

Mom is home! It took all day, she is tried but happy.
    And so am I.
    Thanks for all the prayers. Keep them going
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You all COULD share pictures of yours ;-)

Dorothy that is the BEST NEWS!!!!!!! Give her a hug from me. She'll know it comes from someone who really wanted her to get better and come home.

HUGS
    Lucy

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Lucy
    Beautiful flowers as always! wish I had some to share, but it is just too cold outside! even my pansies are shivering, refusing to open their pretty faces to the sun! We are looking at another week of COLD but at least it is easing a bit! (what was all that fuss about global warming?!?!? BRRRRR)

Dorothy Great News! Best wishes to you and your mom! try to stay warm!

Everone else I hope you will have a wonderful and warm evening!

Frances

• taz56
    14 years ago

Lucy, Dorothy and I collect ams to, we love them
    flowers to brighten the winter.
    Susan

{{gwi:443607}}

candyfloss
    {{gwi:370205}}

{{gwi:437740}}

• figara
    14 years ago

Good night all

Pat

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That's another pretty one. How many varieties do you have? I asked DH to bring home the spent bulbs from work instead of trashing them. I hope he remembers.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Susan those are beautiful! How great to share that love with so many of my friends!

good morning Pat lol

Karyn I am not sure...let me count them. I had bought a few at the last Co-Op Ryan co hosted at Dave's.

ha ha ha so is DH bringing them home with a tractor trailer? lol My heart almost broke when I saw that the sticks to hold the stems...were poked right into the bulb from you :-( But I am not sure if you saw it...it had a BABY bulb and it is growing !!! :-)

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Dorothy, what great news about your mom -- God bless you both!

Susan, those are beautiful amaryllis! I have six potted up that Elizabeth sent me last year and they are red; however, none has bloomed yet. I also have a Papillion. They are all outside so maybe I should bring them in to some warmth.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Lucy the stakes are always poked into the bulbs by the growers. They won't hold them up otherwise. If you get them from a nursery they'd never consider doing that but I've never had a problem with damage and have been getting them like that for over 20 years. Eloise I have a Papillion. It's the only one I've not tossed in the compost pile but I'm still waiting for it to bloom.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn but will the bulb survive that and continue to grow for years...I hope!

got a papillon too.

don't they need cooler weather somehow at one point or another?
    Lucy