Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

OT: Is this #3 ???!!!!

karyn1
14 years ago

I can't believe this. I went to drive Jake to his bus stop and saw that someone had broken into my car! It was in my freaking driveway. The only thing missing that I can see is my GPS. The DVD player is built in and I guess too difficult to remove. I know that you shouldn't leave things like phones and GPS's, etc in you car but I've always done that. I hope this was number 3. First it was my missing luggage, then my car getting hit at DH's work and now this. I'm beinning to think that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!!!

Comments (14)

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I feel a little better now. DH just emailed me that he got me a new GPS but I still feel violated : (

• taz56
    14 years ago

Awe Karyn, so sorry for your bad luck!
    It's ashame people steal, but I'm afraid
    with things the way it is now, the worst
    is yet to come! They say bad luck comes
    in 3's so just maybe you are done ! I
    hope for your sake anyway!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Karyn, I am so sorry, your year is starting out to bad. Last year was the worse year of my life, I was so depressed, it was hard for me to even read anything that I thought might be sad in the newpaper or on the forum. I can only say, the items you lost can be replaced, life could be much much harder, and we need to count our blessing each and every day. Barbra

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Well, that really stinks! I am with you Karyn, losing of things isn't the worst, it's knowing that someone has gotten that close to your things. I hope they catch the sob. There are, and will always be, thieves, and for them, it doesn't matter what the economy is, they just steal because it benefits them. Did they break a window or was your car unlock? I wish I could afford surveillance cameras all around my place. This would catch the dumb a** who graffiti the sidewalk, those who kick my mailbox, those that throw stuff into my yard and those that come into my front yard after the avocados, Santa Rosa plums and flowers or whatever else.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

See, I knew that the bad news is still going around and that is why I am taking my mind off of it with farming.

Karyn this is AWEFULL!! I sure hope that now you are DONE!!!

Hugs
    Lucy

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Im so sorry to hear that Karyn.
    I hope things get a whole lot better.

Karen

• chena
    14 years ago

OUCH!.. Hopefully it is over and the New Year can start...LOL
    At least they didn't rip the dash out going for the CD Player..
    Do you want some Sophora secundiflora seed.. I have some I picked last Fall.. I thought I remembered you asking about it a while back... Could just be CRS!!! LOL

Kylie

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This had better be it. I've just got to laugh about it or I'll cry. lol I'm glad they didn't try ripping out the DVD player or ripping the screen from the roof. They were actually quite neat and non destructive. I guess they didn't want to make noise. My car alarm wasn't set because it has a bad habit of going off at night for no reason. The outside motion detector lights must have gone on but didn't deter them. DH gave me the I told you so about parking in the garage but I just can't do it. For some reason parking in the garage skeeves me out. At least I got a new and nicer GPS. This one is super thin and I can put it in my purse when leaving the car. My old one was kind of bulky.

Thanks for the offer Kylie but Kristy had sent me one a couple years ago. Speaking of which I hope it's doing alright. I never had much luck with the seeds.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

God willing this is number 3 and you are done! Sorry to hear of such awful thing happen to you, I know what you mean you still feel violated, it just robs your self security-confidence,even if you do get lucky enough to recover the original, the feeling stays with you.Good luck.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    14 years ago

Karyn, that really sucks. Feel for you. I've had my car broken into (back in Texas) and it really does feel like you've had your space violated. My wife gets on my case for leaving my car unlocked! (but at least they won't have to break a window!). Part of it is the economic times. Whatever they can find and resell on the street. Sad.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

Oh karyn, I know how you feel that happend to me and my purse was stolen I had the only pic of my father (the only one I had) I had only met him once in my life. any how and pics of my daughtes 2nd birthday right before she busted her front teeth out. and a expencive camera. man i would give anything they could have took everything and just left the film and pics from my wallet ( Any how I ((Jerks!!!)I wanted to tell you I had nightmares for a wile cuz i felt so violated and i would wake up and check locks and make sure all my things were inside. So take care and one day at at time. I hope it gets better for you.
    Cassie

• haase
    14 years ago

So Karyn, are you putting the car in the garage now?
    And yes, this was #3 and that's all there is going to be!

Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

Oh Karyn, I feel for you. So sorry.
    I do believe this was #3 and the end of it.

Pat

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Karyn
    You have had a run of bad luck! I hope that it is over now and that you will have some satisfaction from the airline at the very least!

We had a burglery a few years back, before we moved to this house. We were living in an apartment. I woke up and startled a burgler creeping around on the bedroom floor! He jumped up and ran out... I will never forget the feeling. I was very shaky, and very angry for a long time.

Now I think back I feel very lucky, you hear about so much terrible violent crime, to lose only a watch and a little pocket change!

Hope you have a whole lifetime of bad luck behind you now!

Frances

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH