Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

More Snow : (

karyn1
14 years ago

We had more snow. Thankfully it's only a couple inches but is so cold that it's sticking to everything, including the roads. Temps this weekend are supposed to be even colder then they have been but a warming trend is predicted beginning on Tuesday. A warming trend might only be 35 in this area. lol I'm hoping that warming trend includes all of the East Coast.

Comments (28)

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Oh no Karyn, not more snow! Hope spring arrives soon so all of you can come out to play :-)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I can see why you want to spend winters in Florida. Is it for sure yet that you are going? I sure hope you get a break!!

a warm hug for ya

Lucy

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Karyn, we are sharing the same kind of weather- it is so bitter here. We got snow last night and it warmed up to 32- hubby and I were laughing because 32 degrees felt tropical! LOL! Then the temps plunged back down again by this morning, so our snow will stay a few days!
    Ooooooooh, have a great time in Florida- it is warming back up down that way too. I'm jealous! ;-)
    ~Brenda

• chena
    14 years ago

Freezing my ars off here!! Save me a bed in Flordia..LOL
    I could use a Vacation...

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have an 8 am flight out of BWI on Mon morning and it can't come a minute too soon. Temps this weekend are supposed to drop to record lows here. WPB is unseasonably cold, only the 60's but it's supposed to warm up starting on Tuesday. Even if it's not beach weather it's warmer then here. This isn't a vacation, it's an escape. lol

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

We got over an inch. The roads are white again. Weatherbug said 9 with the wind chill when I checked it a little bit ago. Really windy here too.

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

good for you!! Just think of us once in a while lol

send us at least warm thought :-)

Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

60* sounds like a HEAT WAVE!!
    Everyone do the WAVE!!!!
    YES!! I am bored.. Hubby is leaving on Mon to start a job 3 1/2 hrs from here.. so he will be gone for who knows how long...Just me the dogs,cat and the cows..WOOHOO

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

you can always come farming roflmao

Lucy

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll have my laptop with me and be checking in. God forbid I should be somewhere w/o a computer. lol This really isn't a vacation. I just have to get away from the cold. A tropical island or something like that would be a vacation. It's dirt cheap for me to go to FL. I have a free place to stay, airfare is inexpensive and I rented a car for $11/day. This will also be the last year that I can come and go as I please for a long time. Kyle will begin kindergarten next year and attendence in the Mont Co school system is mandatory. Family vacations are not an excused absence and 5 unexcused absences = failure/loss of credit. I also hate our school system. We have to lie and say that the kids are ill when we go away. Thankfully I have a number of family members and friends that are physicians because the kids need a Drs note if they are out for 3 or more days. It's a joke because everyone lies for their kids. The system really doesn't give you a choice.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kylie do the cows stay outside when it's this cold? How come you never see blankets for them like you do for horses?

• figara
    14 years ago

Anytime I am reading the snow/freezing posts I feel cold in my veins and before I finish reading I go to weather tab to check
    my weather :-). Even if I see sun outside I feel cold. Brrr
    I do not envy any of you.
    A warm hug.

Pat

• haase
    14 years ago

Never fear, summer is almost here, because now we can see the deer{{gwi:443775}}From Drop Box
    r.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Have fun in FL Karyn and Kyle! Ingrid, what a cute pair of deer! Of course, when they eat up our garden, then they are not so cute.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Ingrid lol...I think you showed most of us that it could be worse! rofl

Eloise I am with you. In pictures those deer ARE cute lol

Karyn glad you are taking the laptop with you. Time flies and before you know it...Kyle will be off to College and you can go and warm up again during the bitter cold winter time.

Hey who knows...maybe there will be no more cold winters for ya and it switches to other places...I mean I already feel like it did lol

last night of way low temps for me here....I HOPE. Cause those all nighters really are not my thing. Especially when you have the bed behind you...calling....COME HERE YOU...COME...warm up in here! rofl

Wish you warm weather and a safe flight

Lucy

• linda441
    14 years ago

Karyn - be glad you are going to SOUTH Florida and not North Florida!!

It is a frozen Tundra up here. My fountains, ponds and hoses are all frozen solid!!! One fountain statue is still running to keep the pump and concrete from damage but the ice is 2" thick with icicles on both basins. My hoses are frozen solid so cannot hose the ice down to melt it. Right now I have halogen lamps shining on it so hopefully will melt part of it today. Temps are 27 right now.

Everyone try to stay warm!!!

Linda

• haase
    14 years ago

Karyn, your best bet would be Southern California. Right now (noon) 79* on my patio.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to show off!!!! I know I did.

Ingrid

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Ingrid, Perfect temps. Send me your address. I am on my way! LOL

Linda

• linda441
    14 years ago

Ingrid---I am coming too!!! Save a small space for me.

Linda

• haase
    14 years ago

Eeeeeverybody is welcome.
    Let's invite Lucy and her wine, and we'll have us a party!!

Ingrid

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Seriously, send address! LOL

Linda

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

I think today was the first day of the new year that we didn't get any accumulating snow. I am so sick of snow already. Here are some pics I tool a few days ago, it is kind of nice the way it looks on the trees.

{{gwi:443776}}
    {{gwi:443777}}
    {{gwi:443778}}
    {{gwi:443779}}

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I love the snow on pine trees. So pretty. Nice ice sickles there too.

Linda

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid one of my favorite places that I've been to in the US is LaJolla. Southern CA, the San Diego area in particular, has such perfect weather. Not too hot and not cold, just right!

• haase
    14 years ago

You may think this is strange, but I love your snow pictures! Wish I was there.
    Let's trade.
    Ingrid

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid the pics might be lovely but trust me, you want to stick with So. CA! LOL

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

Trust Karyn....the snow is best left in pictures. I like to have a white Christmas, then it can all melt and stay away. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

• haase
    14 years ago

In some areas its too hot sometimes, in others too cold, or too wet, or too dry. As they say, you can't have everything. But we all are lucky that we can live where we want to be.

Ingrid

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA