Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

ot : potd: good morning friends and mia folks

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

I have not seen this forum that slow....so

Hope everyone is doing well and knows that we are here...just not as visible :-)

Hang in there...we are another day closer to spring :-)

Wishing you a wonderful day

Lucy

Comments (9)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

We just a record here.
    13 Days of below freezing temps.
    Ours highs have been our normal lows, I am sooo ready for spring!

Hugs
    Dorothy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

It's finally approaching normal here but still a bit below normal. The low last night was 53 and it's supposed to get into the low 70's today. It's even warmed up back home and is supposed to be in the 40's. I hope this is the end of these below normal temps. I can't imagine what the losses will be when all is said and done, especially to the farmers and even the animal life. I heard that 90% of the tropical fish destined for home aquariums have been lost. Evidently many are raised/housed in FL and the temps were just too low. I remember freaking about my fish tanks when we'd have a power outage during the winter but didn't even think about the retail supply when these cold temps began.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes another blow to folks who make a living with things grown or raised out in the open.

It also effects the prices now :-(

We need something GOOD coming our way soon!!

Lucy

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

The weather has been very cold this year everywhere in North America! Record low temps and high levels of rain/snow. So much for global warming! It is almost as though the planet is laughing at the 'science' that has come under such negative scrutiny lately! Temperatures here have not been record lows, but we have experienced temperatures consistantly below normal, well below normal!

This week it is warming though and we are expecting near normal temps all week (50s during the day) I can't wait to spend a little time outdoors! November and December were soggy, January has been cold, my yard is a real mess! So glad that I came to this forum and started cuttings from my Brugmansia this year, I am sure to have some fatalities outside!

I am very worried about the impact on US food production and other industries which may be adversely impacted by this seasons' weather. The potential impact on food prices in the coming year will affect many people who are struggling in a tough economy.

I hope you all will have a wonderful day! and that the warming trend continues!

Frances

• chena
    14 years ago

We lost a new born calf to weather last week.. She was born at night and it was 10*.. The coldest day of the yr...

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

Lucy

I should NOT have joined Facebook! lol! It's addicting! Almost as bad as my addiction with Brugs & Dats! And I've only been there one day! Happy farming!!

Mike

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Kylie I am so sorry. That is very sad :-(

Frances I am with you.

Mike I am with you too. lol You are very smart. Figured it out after one day already ha ha ha ha ha

Lucy

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

ha ha ha on the facebook farming! Better you than me! I pulled the plug on it, couldn't get any work done!

Have a terrific evening, I will be doing all my 'farming' at home!

Frances

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Frances roflmao I know what you mean. I am looking for th plug...trust me lol

Lucy

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths