Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

I'm back who wanted what seeds

karyn1
14 years ago

I am back home to the wonderful sleet and cold in MD. I felt like turning around and getting back on a plane. Maybe I would have if the airlines hadn't LOST a piece of my luggage!!!!!!! The suitcase with the plants and seeds did arrive safely. Unfortunately Kyle's clothing, toys, DVD's, my camera, hairdryer, hair iron and worst of all Kyle's special blankie are in the missing piece of luggage. I'm so pissed off. This has only happened to me once before and the luggage was located and rerouted to National within a couple hours. So far they have no idea where my suitcase is : (

Rant over. lol Please post and let me know what seeds you want. I brought plenty of almost everythingI previously listed home. I also brought home some palm seeds even though nobody said they wanted any so if you changed your mind about the palms let me know. BTW one variety is queen palm and I think the other is a sabal palm.

Comments (21)

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Welcome back to MD Karyn! Sorry about the lost luggage and hopefully they will deliver it today. Did you tell them how urgent it was to get Kyle's blankie :-)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Welcome back...at least the forum is a nice,warm and friendly place and nothing gets lost here ...well....SOMETIMES our threads roflmao

Sorry about this and hope they will find it. Had suitcases missing for over 1 day before and only DD calling every 5 minutes made them get behind it, I think.

Was thinking about you this morning...wondering how long you are in FL...and here you are...BACK :-)

Hugs
    Lucy

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Welcome back Karyn, sorry about your luggage.

• chena
    14 years ago

Karyn you should have had them drop you off here in Texas.. It is suppose to be 78* today..
    Glad you made it back safely wish the weather was better for you.. Hopefully your luggage will turn up soon..

• knotz
    14 years ago

Welcome home Karyn...I'm sorry about your luggage..I'll pray they find it soon...I'm sure it has a tag on it...I'd be upset too!!

I'd LOVE to try some of your palm seeds....Let me know how you want to send them :)

• haase
    14 years ago

Welcome home, Karyn. Hope you had a great time in Florida.
    Ingrid

• taz56
    14 years ago

Welcome home Karyn, sorry about your suitcase
    what a bummer, I would be p to! I know my camera
    would make me stand on ends if lost! Hope all
    your trip photo's are not lost :( Sorry!
    I would like to try a few palm seeds let me
    know what the postage is if you have extra!
    Thanks so much!
    Susan

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I got my suitcase back minus a camera, DVD's and hair dryer. All that's left are clothes which were a mess. Thank goodness Kyle's blankie was there. I've been on hold waiting for a representative from Southwest Airlines since I got home......still on hold!!!!!! This hasn't been a good day. I had an appointment this morning and decided to stop by and see DH. One of the big trucks delivering flowers to the warehouse hit my car!!!! I guess better me then a customer but............

I know that there were others that wanted seeds. Post here and I'll email you for your address.

• yaslan
    14 years ago

Hi Karyn glad to hear you got Kyle's blankie back. I would love some of your orange jasmine seeds. I sent you an email today.

Cheers!

Bo

• chena
    14 years ago

Remind Southwest that they have commercials about how much they love bags and what GREAT handlers they are!!
    You can't buy a break today girl!! GEZZZE
    Glad to hear that Kyle got his Blankie back!!!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

The news are just not good yet and what I wished would happen..nothing but good things.

I must say, since we are not allowed to lock our suitcases anymore...and I have not bought a lock from the Security guys...I never put anything of value in the suitcase anymore.

Hope you get reimbursed and man that sucks that you got hit :-(

Stay home and do farming...NOTHING happens to you then lol

Lucy

• figara
    14 years ago

Karyn, glad you are home and sorry for all the unfortunate events. I am glad that Kyle got his precious blankie back.

I think I said orange jasmine and star fruit seeds.Let me know about the postage.
    Thanks
    Pat

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Karyn, Glad you made it back in one piece. Sorry about your car & missing items, at least you got back the irreplaceable blankie.

Orange Jasmine & Star Fruit please. I still owe you for the last seeds you sent, PM your PayPal address.

Linda

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

Are you all right? sorry about your car accident and also the items missing,But your blankey!! hey there is a silver lining after all.I was one of the ones asking about the orange jasmine please let me know how we can do this. Thanks Marcie

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Darn Karyn, as if the airlines losing your luggage wasn't bad enough, but they also stole stuff! And, then you car gets hit! Hope the rest of the days go better for you.

• lon2250
    14 years ago

Glad you are ok. Sorry it's not to warmer weather that you are back to. Terrible about the stolen stuff and the car crash. Days can only get better right? We are closer and closer to spring, thats something to look forward to.

Lots of hugs
    Kim

• brandyray
    14 years ago

Hi, Karyn;
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes...as for the weather- calling for possible ice here Fri/Sat- an infrequent event, fortunately. You shared some cuttings and seeds w/ me a couple yrs ago. The daturas did well but I did not succeed w/ any of the brugs. The daturas that made it are white, so I am interested in yellow or orange. I would still like to try to get a brug started, but I guess I would pick a different place to plant it. Anyway, if you still have anything to share, let me know. Thanks, Brandyray

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear that the brugs didn't make it. I didn't collect any brug or datura seeds while there and don't have any cuttings this time of year. I usually have seeds and cuttings in the fall.

• knotz
    14 years ago

Hi Karyn.

I got the seeds you sent a couple days ago...Can't wait to get them started :)

Thanks so much for sharing and here's to better luck!!!!

knotz

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Karyn, Im so sorry that some of your things were taken and
    your car got hit! My goodness girl! Things have got to look
    up!
    At least Kyle got his blanket back, I bet he was tickled to
    see it!

Karen

• figara
    14 years ago

Hi Karyn, I received the seeds today. Thank you very much. I'll send you the postage with pay pal.
    Hope everything is good now on your side.
    Thanks again.
    Pat