Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
siam_cannas

some pics :)

siam_cannas
14 years ago

hi all here are some pics i took over the past few days and some today. hope you like. I know they are of the same plants as before, but, i dont have much new plants!

{{gwi:444787}}

{{gwi:444788}}

{{gwi:444789}}

{{gwi:444790}}

{{gwi:444791}}

{{gwi:444792}}

{{gwi:444793}}

{{gwi:444794}}

{{gwi:444795}}

{{gwi:444796}}

{{gwi:444797}}

{{gwi:444798}}

{{gwi:444799}}

{{gwi:444800}}

{{gwi:444801}}

Siam.

Comments (17)

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

All I can do is SIIIIGGHH!! :):) Everything's so very pretty and fresh, Siam. You don't need to have something
    new..your plants are always refreshing. I must get my
    canna bed going. Thanks for brightening my day.
    Margaret

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Margaret. BTW that canna in the first pic, is one of my hybrids. I think its the best i have made so far. I named it canna Grandma.

Siam.

• haase
    14 years ago

Your flowers are really beautiful. And ohh, more snail houses.
    Thanks, Siam.

Ingrid

• karyn1
    14 years ago

They are all so pretty & colorful but I really love your water lilies. Why do you grow your amaryllis in pots? Isn't it possible to grow them inground in your area?

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn, i havent made a bed in the ground for them yet. and with the high amounts of rainfall here, they are suseptible to rot and a range of fungal diseases! I keep them shealtered from rain, so i can control watering.

• yaslan
    14 years ago

I do love your hybrid canna and amaryllis. They're all fantastically beautiful.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Wonderful to see those lovely colors as I look out on my snow covered lawn. I will soon pot up my amaryllis which have been resting since fall.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Wonderful pictures Siam!
    Your Canna Grandma is just Gorgeous!
    Great job!

Karen

• taz56
    14 years ago

Those are all beautiful!
    Susan

• sandy_jo
    14 years ago

Your flowers are beautiful. I have a question for you. Is there a reason for placing the rocks in the pots with the amaryllis? Does it help with the bugs? I have some amaryllis blooming in the house now and have a small problem with gnats. I know they like the damp soil on top to lay their eggs so I thought that the rocks might help keep them away. Sandy

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Sandy, actualy to avoid rot and diseases i planted my amaryllis plants in small pebbles only with some grit mixed in. No soil at all.
    Siam.

• chena
    14 years ago

What pic's.. Your "Grandma" is Beautiful!!! I LOVE the Water Lily's.. Look at that color.. I may have to get some.. I think you have spoiled me with your pictures!!LOL
    Those snails look big enough to eat.. YUM!!!

Kylie

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I love all of the beautiful pictures, Siam! Is that the same tropical blue waterlily that I got seeds from you for? I need spring to hurry along now!

Pam

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Beautiful flowers! I think we are alll in need of a little colour, thank you for sharing your flowers with us! That first canna is a beautiful colour!

Have a wonderful evening

Frances

• aker
    14 years ago

WOW, such pretty photos :-) It sure gives one a lift. Everything right now is brown and wet in my garden in Canada.

I have a question. Are those amaryllises the same types that we buy in the stores here in the late Fall to grow indoors in pots?

Happy gardening

Aker

• siam_cannas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Aker, yes those are the same amaryllis that you buy in fall. :)

• danasplants
    14 years ago

Very pretty thanks for sharing!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?