Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Poor Goldie girl passed away

fool4flowers
14 years ago

My elderly dog Goldie passed away at 3am. She made it over a year longer than she was supposed to but is in doggie heaven now. Her heart gave out and I am glad she didn't suffer. She was a great dog. Have to take Morgan to Houston this morning. Very tired.

Comments (30)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Hope your hearts will always remember her and know that she is in heaven with all other pets we so dearly loved.

Happy, healthy and without pain again

Love you
    Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Im so sorry to hear about Goldie.

Karen

• chena
    14 years ago

Oh NO!!! Goldie was the sweetest girl.. Never a moments trouble.. I loved her and I will miss her..
    Hugs!!!

Kylie

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

Kristy & John

My heart goes out to you both!

This is the kind of news that saddens me. I remember when 'Arrant' died last year - all of you were here for support. I've 'talked' to him each & every day since then & I think of him daily. It's a very hard thing to go through, losing one of our precious fur-babies.

'Time' will help Kristy. I know it's hard & doesn't feel like it in your heart, but, it will get better.

Think of 'Goldie' each & every day, & never forget how much love & joy she brought to you & yours. It does help.

We're here for you Kristy & John! If there's anything I/we can do to help, please let us know!

I'll be thinking of you!

Mike

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

I was talking with some friends last night about how much it hurts to lose a dog or cat. We spent quite a bit of time talking about our previous "babies." Needless to say, we were getting teary after a while.

• haase
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
    But the memory of a loving pet is forever.
    Ingrid.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry Kristy. I'll cry with you today.

• figara
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear that Goldie passed away. His memory will be with you forever and you will remember all the good times you had together and how good of a pet he was.
    Hugs
    Pat

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I'm sorry about Goldie, animals bring such joy into our lives. And I am sure you brought nothing but happiness into her life.
    Cassie

• luvbrugs
    14 years ago

I cant tell you how sorry I am. There are never words to comfort us when this happens. I am thinking of you. It was a blessing that she didnt suffer, though.

Lucy,
    do you think dogs go to heaven, it is so heavy in my heart that my only true friends ( all the dogs I had through out my lifetime may have died forever)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I belief that!

Lucy

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

im sorry to hear the sad news. But im sure she had a wonderful life :)

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all so much. I have known it was coming for quite some time so was more prepared for it but I miss her already none the less. She will be buried on our land so going to plant something for her tomorrow that doesn't need much care and will share the memorial garden here with her and Mercedes. She had a great life and was a wonderful friend. Never a moment of trouble out of her and sweet as pie. I am taking it ok but its harder for John since he has had her so many years. I was ready to let her go instead of seeing the suffering I knew was coming soon if she didn't. I noticed the past week or so her vision was getting bad so she would have had to live with blindness as well as her otherhealth problems so its a blessing really. She is with our other dog Mercedes now keeping her company. Thank you all for being there for us and just happy she is at peace. I will get there in time and so will John. We are both tired after the long night and trip to Houston to take Morgan home today. Tomorrow will be better I'm sure.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Kristi, I am so sorry for your loss,
    seems it's going around today, my kitty
    Precious, I've had for 18 years passed
    today at 12:30 pm, I can only
    hope she's in heaven sitting on my Mom's
    lap! Goldie Girl too. :)
    Hugs
    Susan

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Susan..........I am deeply sorry that you lost your beloved pet Precious, too.
    What a beautiful picture...mom and Precious being together...watching over you.

Sending you prayers and hugs
    Lucy

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for you Susan! Its hard to lose any pet but one you have had so long is like a child and friend to you. Its been a rough day for both of us. Hugs to you.

• luvmy3afhounds
    14 years ago

Kristy,
    I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved Goldie. I remember her having heart problems when I first joined this list. The extra time you had with her was a gift. May Goldie live on forever in your heart until you meet again.
    Joyce

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

So sorry Kristy and John about losing your girl, Goldie.

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Kristy and Susan I am so sorry for your losses. It has been going around we unexpectedly lost my daughters dog on the 12th. I couldn't tell her until she came home from school for Christmas break, it broke my heart to meet her at the door and tell her that her best friend was not here. I know they are all romping playing and causing havoc in heaven. My heart goes out to you both.

Mary

• chena
    14 years ago

Susan I am so sorry!!! Losing a pet is so hard.Time heals many things and the thought of Precious on Mom's lap.. what a Beautiful picture!!
    Hug's to you both!

Kylie

• linda441
    14 years ago

Kristy and Susan--I am so sorry to hear of you losing your dear beloved companions. I have been through that many times and it is like losing a child. We will, however, meet them again as they wait at Rainbow Bridge.

Linda

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm sorry about your daughters's dog too Mary. Our son sent us a utube video he made for Goldie today and it was so sweet it made me cry looking at all the pics he had of Goldie and Mercedes over the years. They are together again now. I am wondering if something of her is still here at meal time though. Something weird is going on with BB. They never fought over food but each waited for their bite of leftovers when we finished eating. Now BB looks at the place where Goldie passed away and growls and all the hair stands up on her neck and she won't go in her crate to sleep anymore and usually goes to bed before we do. Its right next to the door where she was last. I hope she settles down. Its creeping me out. She does this for hours after supper the last couple of nights until after we go to bed.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

No one better ever tell me that pets do not have a soul!!!

Hope BB finds peace at home again, real soon.

Kristy could you share the video link? :-)))))))))))

Lucy

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Kristy, BB is mourning. Maggie did that when Tali died, she crawled up in the bed with Tali and kept barking and pawing at her trying to get her to get up. I think all my dogs (I have 3 now) have had some sort of personality change since Tali passed. It has changed their order in their pack and I think they are not really sure how to handle their new roles. Is that making any sense at all? Give BB extra hugs and kisses she doesn't understand and she is mourning also.

Mary

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Kristy and Susan--I am so sorry to hear of you losing your pets. Take comfort in the fact that they have gone to a place where there is no pain or suffering.

princealbert

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thats what John said that she is the oldest now and trying to find her new role without Goldie. She was kissing Goldie all night before she passed away. Here is her last pic. Morgan was trying to keep her away but I told her let her say her goodbyes. Hope she doesn't bark and growl all night again tonight.

{{gwi:445007}}

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

what a beautiful picture to remember her by! Poor BB...but animals know WAY before you do...that something is going to happen. At least my cats ALWAYS knew. Then when it finally happened...it explained it all why they behaved differently.

Hugs
    lucy

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I steam cleaned the carpet today even though I did't smell anything or see anything (other than all the leaves they carry in stuck to their feet all day long). I thought about how she acted once in the truck when a skunk sprayed it going down the road and she did the same thing like it was in the truck with us but she couldn't see it. Well I guess it worked. She has been ok tonight except for the one time when the bird was calling for Goldie she went looking around for a minute but has been better tonight. Maybe she could smell something to do with death that we couldn't. Now if I could get green bean to stop calling her name I will feel better. He likes to call her to the door then tell her to get outside. Crazy bird.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh my gosh....you have a living reminder of Goldie...cute though :-)

Glad BB did better. I am worried about Aisha...she has been acting strange for the last 3 days. She sleeps right under my chair and follows me everywhwere. Which she usually just lays around in the front room.

I think I will take her to the vet after Precious gets spayed on the 11th.

Lucy