Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizzann_ar

Brug E-bay Sellers

Lizzann_Ar
12 years ago

Good Morning

I am new to the Brug board and not really familiar with everyone although I have had brugs in the past and loved them. I was wondering who all on the board sells their cuttings on E-Bay. I have been looking for some nice size cuttings but don't want to get scammed in the process. I noticed one particular posts where a particular seller was not quite honest in his description and want to avoid sellers like this if at all possible.

Thanks, Lizzann

Comments (30)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Liz (arghyagardens on Ebay) has nice brugs and is very reliable.

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Karyn, I checked and right now they don't have anything on Ebay. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit, this beautiful weather is making me want to get out and play in the dirt.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

There's other sellers that are reliable as well. I just can't think of them offhand. You could post the names of the sellers you are considering buying from here and we'll let you know if we've heard anything bad about them. You might also want to check out BGI (Brugmansia Growers International) which GW won't allow me to link. There's sellers there nd I'd think that all are probably reliable. I'm not sure if you have to be a member to buy or not but if you are interested in growing brugs it's a great resource and worth joining.

The weather is GORGEOUS!!!!! It's in the mid 60's today. We've had an unusually mild winter with only a handful of really cold days and I was out of town for most of them anyway. There's snowdrops, quince, crocus and forsythias in bloom and all the spring bulbs are coming up.

• chena
    12 years ago

Alice beloved*1** @ ebay is a very reputable seller.. she lives up No. so I am not sure if she is shiping..Fred Sommers also sends nice plants..But he lives up NO also.. Kaska here at GW also has an online Nursery
    You may want to wait till spring till you make your purchases..

Karyn it was 74* today.. LOVIN IT!!!!!!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

OMG I forgot about Kathy (kasha77 here). She has an online store and is in the South so she might be shipping, especially with the unusually warm temps.

Kylie it was 68 yesterday and is supposed to be about the same today. It's raining but that sure beats the alternative. If the winter was like this all the time I wouldn't have to travel south whenever I get the chance! lol

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Chena, I will check kasha77 out also. Would you happen to know the name of her store? Wondering though, since I bought a fairly nice size plant the last time and had lots of blooms, if I might need to do that again since I want blooms this year. How long does it take for a cutting to start producing flowers?

This is the third day in a row for sunshine so I am taking full advantage of it by cleaning out flower beds (4 down, 2 to go) that were neglected last year after the temp got so high. Anxious to see some flower power now!!

Karyn, yes I will post sellers here before I buy. Definitely don't want to start the spring off with a bad ebay deal.

Happy Gardening!!!

• rednofl
    12 years ago

No freeze her in Fl so All My brugs are getting ready to be cut back If you are not picky about types I could have lots of cuttings for postage.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Lizzann you will likely get blooms from a cutting the first season. How early in the season depends on where on the plant the cutting was taken from and the length of your growing season. You don't have your zone showing on your posts. Just go to one of Kathy's (kasha77) posts. If her site isn't linked send her an email.

Rednofl why do you prune your brugs if you don't have any frost damage? Just curious. Do most people in frost free areas prune them? There's a few people with brug trees near my Mom's house in So. FL. and it doesn't look like they ever cut them back.

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Rednofl for your generous offer, I sent you an e-mail. I'm so happy, doing a brugdance!!

Karyn, I'm in zone 7, don't know why it's not showing up.
    I'm so glad I went back and read previous post concerning sellers as 7servent7 seemed to have quite a few at decent prices. I will e-mail Kasha77 and see if she is mailing out order yet. Thanks for your suggestions.
    Lizzann

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Lizanne you should be able to get your (future) brugs to bloom this year if you start them in early spring. They are heavy feeders (1x/wk). I'd begin with diluted feedings as soon as you have roots. Switch to full strength after a few weeks. Once they've developed a good root system and put on lots of foliage I'd switch to a bloom booster fertilizer (high middle number). You can give micronutrients along with the fertilizer. It sometimes gets so hot here in the summer that bud production is stunted on some of my brugs. As soon as the temps cool a bit more buds develop. Sept is often my best month for blooms.

Willie (7servant7) is a real piece of work. Stay away from him.

• rudy625
    12 years ago

I can't believe that e-bay is still allowing 7servant7 to sell on e-bay after all the bad reports on him. And they rate him as a top seller,go figure.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Rudy by the time folks realize they've been sent the wrong variety it's too late to leave feedback.

• etxdirtlady
    12 years ago

rednfl, would love to try brugmansia, & would gladly pay shipping for a couple of cuttings.
    email is gkm1952@gmail.com please let me know

• chena
    12 years ago

Watch out for Willie(7servant7) he also selles under another name too

• chena
    12 years ago

Here is a link for Kathy's site (aka Kasha77)

Kylie

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardens By Kasha

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Kylie what other name does Willie sell under?

• chena
    12 years ago

Karyn I think it was something like God's Garden .. I don't know he still uses it ..It was sometime back..

• gordonhawk
    12 years ago

lizzann.. is the AR after about being in arkansas
    some of the best brugs you can get from Alice Harris...she's hyberdised some gret ones.. and she sells stuff from the great german growers also.. she has one of the only patented brugs in snowbank.. a varaigated one... and Miss October is one of her latest ones.. a great looking gold one.. she's in PA..
    http://www.karcheskycanna.com/brugmansia.htm
    tell her Gordon sent you..

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info Gordon, yes, the Ar is for Arkansas. I will certainly visit the site you referred. I'm not really to concerned about the type I get right now, I just love the smell and huge blooms but.... I have to say some of the ones I have seen on the board are absolutely stunning, really liking the doubles and long tendrils I'm seeing. Looking forward to Kasha's site opening up. Off to check your site out now and will definitely let her know you referred me.

Lizzann

• grullablue
    12 years ago

I just purchased a cutting from plantbobby on Ebay. It's a 9" Jean Pasco cutting. I'm happy to update once I receive it! He's been very nice, and we've been Emailing some back and forth talking about bananas...

Angie

• rednofl
    12 years ago

Karyn Ive never had to cut them back but they have gotten too big this Year one is over 12 ft tall.
    etxdirtlady ck your email

• honeybunny2 Fox
    12 years ago

Lowes last week just got a bunch of brugmansia plants in 5 gallon pots for $16.99, Jean Pasco was one of them. You might want to check them out. If you are in San Antonio, it was the Lowes on Bandera Road. Did not see them at the Rim, or Callaghan stores, may not have gotten them yet. Its still cold here. Barbra

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That sounds like a good deal to me. It's still cold here too, had a few snow flakes on Monday, back up in the high 50's today and the rest of the week. We are probably a few weeks behind Texas, maybe more, so hopefully my Lowes will be getting some in before long, I will keep my eye on them anyway. Rednofl was kind enough to send me quite a few cuttings for postage, some already had roots and I potted those up already. Waiting on the others to grow roots so they can jump in the dirt too. Should be a very colorful summer if they all make it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Lizann

• vnginger
    12 years ago

Growers Outlet in Georgia sells big (2ftbtall) brugs for about 5-6 dollars in the spring. They have common single pink/yellow ones. Great for starters.

• mattmatts-momma
    12 years ago

I am glad I read this post, I have seen alot of items for sale from 7servant7. I will avoid him then. It's hard when you are getting started and you really don't know what you are getting...

• grrrnthumb
    12 years ago

Georgiavines sells Brugs on eBay. In this recent auction she claimed that the sanguinea she was selling had "a very strong fragrance ... you can smell it as soon as you are within 30 feet of this plant". Of course such a miracle plant went for a very high price compared to others, but she refused to remove this description even when alerted that this species has no scent at all.

Here is a link that might be useful: Georgiavines sanguinea eBay auction

• Johnsp
    12 years ago

Hi all,

Love brugs. I had a greenhouse years ago and grew about 5 or 6 of them. I purchased one last year about three feet tall but didn't bloom. Will this year as it grew to about 6ft. Then a nursery owner gave me one which she planted in the ground and was about 8ft tall. It was loaded with dbl blooms that start out white then change to orange. I don't know the name of this one either. I'd love to have more of them but don't have the room in the house as the two I have are in 20 inch pots so what I was wondering is if they could be kept in a cool basement in complete darkness or would they not survive in complete darkness?

Scott

• rmbill
    12 years ago

Scott, from reading your bio, I am sure you already know the answers to your question but for what it is worth, I dig my Brugs up in the fall and put them in total darkness and forget them until spring . I don't water them at all. They were just brought out and they all seem to be in pretty good shape to start a new year with no ill effects. I am sure there are many that will disagree with what I do but it works for me.
    Bill

• Johnsp
    12 years ago

Thanks Bill thought so as their tough plants just wanted to be sure. Where you keep yours is it cold or as my basement somewhat warm. I keep my basement around 65 degrees and wonder at that temp what moisture needs would be. What do you store them in?

Scott

• Lizzann_Ar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update on cutting received from Rednofl, all but two of the cutting made it and are looking great!, some over 12" tall. I tranferred them from the make shift 2 liter bottles I had them in into a gallon size pot and they are loving their new roomy digs. Gave them a shot of 20-20-20 over the weekend so they are feeling the love and partying hardy. Thanks again for the cuttings!.

Lizzann

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living