Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Preserved brug bloom

karyn1
14 years ago

There's a bloom on one of my indoor brugs that has completely dried and retained it's color and shape. I'd been looking at this bloom and wondering how it could be lasting almost a month in such good condition. When I got close I saw that the flower had dried. I guess the cool dry conditions where it was preserved the bloom. I'll get a pic later on.

Comments (20)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

OH my gosh....that is close to a miracle. I can not wait to see it!! Which one is it? What are you going to do with it?

Lucy

• figara
    14 years ago

I want to see too. Sounds very interesting!!!
    Pat

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

That is so cool!

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

That sounds great Karyn, where's the picture.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Ok Karyn now I clicked 3 more times on this link in hope of seeing the bloom..get with it girl rofl

Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

Yeah!! You heard Lucy.. chop chop!!!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I took the pics but haven't uploaded them yet. The computer I use to upload my pics is in the same room that is now filled with sleeping teenagers. lol I'll get them loaded by this evening. I'm just going to leave it on the plant. It will eventually fall off.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

tell them to get up or you give them a haircut roflmao

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

That's sooo funny, Lucy! Remembering the pics from the White House....

What a great excuse, Karyn. That's a new one for me, haha!

Ingrid

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Very cool. I can't wait to see it. Roflmao at Lucy.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Obviously your kids still have their hair and we are still coming to see if they are up yet! rofl

Lucy

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Half the kids were girls. I don't think they would appreciate a haircut from me though Kyle managed to snip off a big chunk of his hair. I think all little kids do that at some time. At least all of mine have.

You can see the bloom is crinkled in the pics but from a distance it's hard to tell.
    {{gwi:446456}}
    {{gwi:446457}}

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

lol Karyn...I remember the times when my kids surprised me with their haircuts.

I love the dried up bloom and you are right...the color is so dark !

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

That is nice, and the coloring is fantastic! It would be great if we could dry them like that and put in a vase over the winter.

Yep, lots of kids cut their hair when small. I wanted bangs and ended up looking like one of the Three Stooges, LOL!

• chena
    14 years ago

Looks like crepe paper..
    The ritual of cutting hair.. yep I think all kids do it.. Some how they always get right next to the scalp...LOL

• haase
    14 years ago

Amazing bloom. Perhaps one could spray it with some kind of laquer,.......but what for??
    My kid cut a chunk of hair off of MY head, when I was sleeping.

Ingrid

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid my oldest son (when he was little) did that to DH and his sister one afternoon while they were napping. lol

• figara
    14 years ago

Very interesting! What are you going to do with it?
    Oh! Kids and hair cut...we all know that.

Pat

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm not going to do anything with it. It will eventually fall off. I just thought it was kind of neat that it dried like that.

• rialira
    14 years ago

isn't that awesome? I've had a few preserved almost that well, but not quite - I wonder how it stayed so open?