Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Surprise pod

karyn1
13 years ago

I'm going thru all the plants before going away and I found a seed pod on my Sam. I'd kept Sam and Double L'Amour growing because I wanted to see their blooms. The blooms were kind of wimpy having been exposed to near freezing temps before being taken inside and having no supplimental lighting afterwards. Not thinking that anything would happen I cross pollinated them and promptly forgot I'd done it. I stopped watering them and was getting ready to stick them in the garage to finish going dormant when I found a seed pod. It's about 3" long and looks healthy. Hopefully it will continue developing. Even though I'm sick to death of pinks, that cross might have potential.

Comments (13)

• caflowerluver
    13 years ago

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted. I love surprises like that.
    Clare

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Sounds like a wonderful pair- can't wait to see the crosses!
    kasha77

• chena
    13 years ago

AAAHH!! That sounds like a great cross..Congrats!!! Where are you headed to??

Kylie

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm going to West Palm, weather permitting, tomorrow morning. My flight is scheduled for 9 and it doesn't look like it's going to start snowing until the afternoon, I hope. I didn't think that I'd be able to go at all this winter since Kyle's now in public school but his teacher said that he's so far ahead that it wouldn't matter and to just make up some sort of lie for the administration. The attendance policy in Montgomery County is just ridiculous. I'm going to have to come up with some kind of BS again in Apr for all the kids as they'll miss a couple days before and after spring break but I'll worry about that later.

• chena
    13 years ago

You KNOW I am sooooo Jealous..LOL I hope you have a direct flight.. The weather in Atlanta kinda sucks right now.. I hope you have wonderful weather and a Great time once you get there.. Kyle SCORED!!! LMAO!! ;0)

Kylie

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Will be interesting when you grow your seeds Karyn. What's the name of administration so I can direct them to this post, LOL! Hope it's warmer where you're going.

• rmbill
    13 years ago

Karyn, I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers from the Sam x Dbl Lamour cross next year. It should be a beauty. Do you know what you pollinated it with?
    Bill

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Karyn
    Congratulations on both, your seedpod & your trip, it's great too be able too take Kyle with you, he'll really enjoy it

Elizabeth

• chena
    13 years ago

Bill looks like she pollinated Sam with Dbl'Lamour. Should be a good combo..

Kylie

• figara
    13 years ago

Congrats Karyn. Great combination.How long would you be in West Palm ? I am going to Ft.Lauderdale area on the 26.
    Pat

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We had a direct flight and got out of town before the snow began. It was 79 and sunny when we landed so I spent the afternoon at the pool. I didn't even unpack, just grabbed a bathing suit and a book and went outside. Temps are supposed to cool down thru Thurs and it will only be in the mid to high 60's. I can deal with that. It's 20 with snow back home. I wish I was going to be here longer but I'm due back home the 20th : (

• figara
    13 years ago

I am sorry I'll miss you. Would have been nice to meet.

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Karyn, Congratulations on your seed pod and your trip!
    Enjoy those warm temps while you are there and have a great
    time!

Karen