Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: Hibernating everyone?

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Boy I have not seen the forum that quiet, since I joined :-( But as long as everyone is doing ok?????...and just waiting for spring to come........whenever that might be??? :-(

It is ok.

I have another Amaryllis blooming and that is really a beauty. Do not even bother adding a name, since Precious chewed on that tag for sure.

{{gwi:446581}}From Pictures for GW friends

But all she does now is sleep. I would NEVER spay another indoor cat again that had such a beautiful spirit.

Hugs and well wishes

Lucy

Comments (24)

• knotz
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy!!...Wow, that one is REALLY pretty!!

I've just been spending time getting my business in order for this year and going to expand some...Hit some garden centers...Wish me luck!!

Every time I go outside I look at my flower beds and dream of Spring when I can get them all fixed up...I'm going to be moving my bananas out and plant them in the flower beds with the brugs...Going Tropical this year :)

Hope you're doing good too and BIG hugs to you.

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy, we all misseed you!!

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Lucy,great to hear from you!
    I have been working in my yard
    when the weather lets me lol!
    The am is beautiful! It is Picotee
    I beleive because of the color!
    Miss you bunches and bunches!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• vaskirt
    14 years ago

Lucy what a beautiful bloom !

I've been working in my GH for a few days. Cleaning up and killing a few Aphids. Also trying to get some seedlings started.Not much going on here....

• figara
    14 years ago

Hey Lucy, glad to here from you. I guess you were the soul of the forum and we are waiting for you to come back.

Today was such a beautiful day ,I planted 8 fruit trees :-)). After that my knee started to bother me :-(

Very nice amaryllis bloom.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

good to hear from so many :-)

Just when you are having fun working outside...the weather turns nasty again. But that is ok....DD gets here on Sunday :-)

Pat that is not really true. There are SO many Oldtimers here...that deserve to be called the soul of this forum. Like Karyn, Kylie, Kristy. Well I am going with the K.K.K. and stop there roflmao

Sorry...that was NOT planned lol

Sending out well wishes and big hugs
    Lucy

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Lucy,
    Beautiful blooms as always! You must be getting excited about your daughter's pending arrival! I know I would be. It is snowing here (twice in one winter, brrrrr) I hope is stops for a bit so my DH can drive home without the slippery mess!

I have been wintersowing, tending my coleus and brug cuttings (I have never seen a plant that wants to GROW, like brugmansia) I am potting them up now, the roots are getting too tangly! Waiting for spring!

Have a wonderful evening and a terrific visit with your daughter!

Frances

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

Thanks for thinking of us Lucy. I stop and read every day, just haven't had much to contribute. I have noticed it is really slow. I hate winter :(
    I did start some seeds to keep me busy, and have lots more to start.
    Plus I got a new fur baby today to keep me busy and help these winter months be more enjoyable. I'll try to get some pic tomorrow.

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Hello Lucy,
    I'm glad to see you got a break from the farm. Have you got your plants ready for cold snap #2? It hits tonight and it is already at 32 deg here in Belton. I'll bet your hill is colder than that.
    Stay warm
    princealbert

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes Frances...I am excited :-)

Shawn can not wait to see a picture of your new fur baby. What kind is it? You know there are many out there lol

PA I have not done anything to the things in the shed...so cold snap ONE, two or three...it is all the same.

NO HAULING in and out lol I got the green room, which keeps me happy.

And YES it is COLD UP HERE ...I am not even going out again lol

Lucy

• figara
    14 years ago

Oh, well I hope nobody got offended...lets put it this way... 'you are one of the souls of the forum' :-))

Hugs to all.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pat I don't think anybody would. We all love to hang out with each other :-)

Hug back at ya

Lucy

• lon2250
    14 years ago

Brrrr. Arkansas hardly never gets snow. We got LOTS in the storm. Here are a few pics of it.
    {{gwi:446582}}From Untitled Album

{{gwi:446583}}From Untitled Album

{{gwi:446584}}From Untitled Album

{{gwi:446585}}From Untitled Album

{{gwi:446586}}From Untitled Album

I am going to go hibernate some more, with some cocoa and hot soup.

Kim

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Kim
    we are in the same boat here in NC! I haven't gone outside to take any photos yet, its still coming down out there. Cold and wet.... yuk, the bit we got at the holidays was more than enough for me, I am thinking about heading back to Toronto, ha ha ha They don't have snow up there this year! BRRRR I am freezing!

Have a great day everyone!

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Cold, frozen, sick of looking at all the brown, rotting dead stuff in the yard. It looks as bad as it did after Ike, some plants that survived Ike died in the freeze. Hurry up Spring!
    Tally HO!

• haase
    14 years ago

Lucy, I think tomorrow is the big day when you get to hug your DD. Wishing you the greatest time on earth. Enjoy!

Ingrid

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

Here are a few pics of the new pup(shih tzu) that will be keeping me busy. Hard to capture on film, he always moves at the last second before the flash goes off. I snapped a few when he was trying to sleep.

{{gwi:446587}}
    {{gwi:446589}}
    {{gwi:446591}}
    {{gwi:446593}}
    {{gwi:446595}}

• knotz
    14 years ago

Aw, the puppy is SOOOO cute!!...My lhaso/maltese looks similar...What's his name??..How old is he??

Here's mine last Monday after her first grooming appt...Of course she messed it up right when we got home so now it looks like she has a unibrow lol!!...She will be 5 months old on Feb 8th.

{{gwi:446597}}

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

She is a cutie Knotz. Mine is 2 months old, I just got him yesterday. Name isGizmo . I am ging to try to get him used to brushing and the sound of trimmers early on so he won't freak out when he needs groomed. I think I might attempt the trimming myself when his hair grows long enough.

I wish I could have brought his brother home too to keep him company, but that wasn't happening. Maybe sometime down the road I will get another one, we'll see. He is so affectionate.

Did you have trouble housebreaking her? The breeder I got him from had the pups trained pretty well to go on newspapers so I am hoping it won't be too hard to get him to go outside.

• haase
    14 years ago

Your little fur babies are soooo cute.
    Brings back memories.

Ingrid

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Well, I am out of hibernation now! My computer was in the shop, and I sure missed it, LOL!

Kim, brrrrrrrrrr, glad it's you and not us :-)

Both Shih Tzus are so cute! I love to see puppies, but I just don't have the patience to care for them :-(

• lon2250
    14 years ago

Aww they are both so cute. I love dogs. Lonny likes your dogs name, Gizmo. He wants to name one of ours that.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

Great pictures. Man that snow blizzard is something else.So who left the door open in central Texas? It is COLD!!, but no where near to Arkansas on north carolina, of course it does makes a difference if it happens every year you kind of expect it But here in central Texas we don't get that way!!I was really smart last night I cut the heather to low so this morning the huose was kind of cold! Thanks everyone.M

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I wish I could go dormant with the Brugs. It was 3 before the wind chill last night. We are supposed to have a heat wave of 39 Friday. I am looking at catalogs & dreaming of spring.

Shawn, Put some peed-on papers outside where you want the puppy to go.

Linda

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations