Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: I should not have hugged Kristy today

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

I told Kristy a few days ago, that with all the bad luck happening to her, I better not hug her. So the bad luck can not rub off on me.

WEll......... it happened. :-( But Kristy don't worry..ha ha ha it is not your fault and I would hug you even if I knew it would rub off!! It is just LIFE happening :-(

My daughter who is in PA on an internship, got laid off today. From one day to the next. I do not know what she is going to do but I have to re arrange the house and fix HER room back up.

Taking a break fro POTD for a while and mostly lurk I guess...Not sure.

Miss you all and hope that this will not be a dark year for way to many already :-(

Hugs and remember, I am FINE :-) Just a mother's heart hurting for her child

Take care

Lucy

Comments (18)

• figara
    14 years ago

I am so sorry Lucy. Lets hope that better days are ahead of us. We will miss your POTD but you do what you need to do.

Hugs

Pat

• knotz
    14 years ago

Oh Lucy...I'm sorry :(

Take care of your family, they are most important!!!

Hugs to you my friend.

• haase
    14 years ago

So sorry for your daughter! That's not good news.
    Fortunately she can come back to you, I'm sure you will be enjoying some time with her.

My best wishes for good things to happen in the future.

Ingrid

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well thanks..I send her a little care package today and we will see what happens.

Love you all
    Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

Oh Crap!!! She is coming to my house on Sunday!!ROFLMFFAO..
    Lucy I hope your daughter is doing well.. You know that there is a reason for everything.. This could be a Really Great Adventure.. Embrace and Enjoy it.. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Love Ya!!

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

roflmao too ha ha ha All I can say...embrace Kylie lol

I just said that to my husband...there is a reason for everything.

Love ya back

Lucy

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I'm sorry Lucy. Where in PA is she?

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wilkes Barre :-).

Lucy

• taz56
    14 years ago

Lucy bless your heart!
    Sorry for your daughter!
    But just think you all
    will be together! :)
    Hugs!
    Susan

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

sorry to hear about your daughter. On the other hand look at all the quality time you 2 can have! Don't no one try to hug me!!I am doing pretty good on my own,I have a job, a roof over my head 2 dogs 1 cat one husband one car a BIG pile of bills that I can't pay all at one time, wonderful people that are willing to listen to my whining!!and hopefully lots of plants plus honey bun is doing well enough (heart trouble). Later thanks for reading marcie_new

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Lucy, how I can relate to your statement of "Just a mother's heart hurting for her child." Yesterday was also such a day for me. My DD was in a car accident. Thank God, she was not seriously injured, but her neck and back are hurting. The x-ray showed no broken bones. She was returning to the office from picking up lunch for my GKs, their friends and her colleagues when a lady came out of a side street trying to cross the street. My DD didn't have time to stop and pretty much hit the driver's side. Per the paramedics, the other lady was fine, but would also be sore. There was a fireman driving behind my DD so he witnessed that it was not my DD's fault. I found out about the accident at noon when my GD called asking if I had talked to her mom. At that point, there was very little information about the situation or even which hospital they took her to. Through times like this, all I can do is give thanks to my Lord for His mercies.

Lucy, I pray that your DD will find an even better job than she was working towards. I know you will enjoy having her around.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Life and it's surprises...good and bad. We got to take them how they are handed out.

Eloise I am SO glad that nothing serious happened....Just make sure DD documents all ...just in case she will end up with lots of medical bills ??!!!

As of now, she is going to stay there through February. It was THE job she looked for a long while. The Architect got the Award of the Year that they hand out to the best Architects. Oh well...there has to be a reason for all this.

Hugs
    Lucy

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

...and I thought there would be less worrying about the kids somewhere along the way. Well that doesn't seem to be happening but all we can do is be supportive and provide plenty of hugs when 'life happens'.
    Our youngest will also be returning to the nest next week.
    Just remember, this big old ball will keep spinning and spring will be here before we know it.
    E-hugs (and prayers sent up also)for all as we struggle through the cycles of life.
    Will

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Will...you said that so nicely :-) Hope youngest one is coming home on a better term :-)

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

Eloise I am so sorry this happened to your DD.
    Both you and Lucy are in my prayers.
    Hugs
    Ingrid

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Thank you Lucy, Will and Ingrid. My 3 y.o. GD came and spent the night with me in order that mom and dad could rest. The night before, my DD was in so much pain that she couldn't sleep and hubby stayed up with her all night. Today after church, I took my grandbaby back home and dad opened the door right away and she called out, daddy!! They were so happy to see her you would have thought she had been gone for several days. My sil said, it was so quiet here without her (she is super hyper), LOL! Today, my DD felt slightly better, but has pain on her neck, back, chest and stomach. I know each day she will get better and better.

• figara
    14 years ago

Sorry Eloise to hear about your DD. Thanks God was not something more serious. I am so hopping for better days for everybody. You and Lucy are in my prayers.
    Hugs
    Pat

• lon2250
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear about your daughters Lucy and Eloise. I am glad to hear that it is not dire and despret news. Life does happen and all we can do is take it one day at a time, with all the love and support we can get from family, loved ones and freinds. You both have my prayers and love. Life WILL get better. It always does.

Lots and lots of hugs.
    Kim

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus