Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marquest_gw

SS Brug Choice

marquest
14 years ago

Something to do on a cold winter afternoon. Ryan gave me the gift of choice. Not a good thing because it is so hard. LOL

So I am asking for help. These are my favorite from pics. What would you pick, and reasons. Thank you for the help. I do not have a lot of experience so your help is greatly appreciated.

Felicity

Phanomenal

Creamsicle - I think this was suggested as a good double

Confusion

Doosie

American Pride

Native Habitat

Mary K

Orange Infusion

Comments (11)

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Creamsickle has done the best for me of the ones I have grown on the list. Fun choices.

Linda

• sekhment
    14 years ago

well I would not pick American pride. I had a thread on here about that one, it wasnÂt one of the favorites.
    Phenomenal is beautiful. I herd Native Habitat likes the cooler weather, and has a awesome fragrance.
    good luck
    cassie

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Creamsickle is a dependable bloomer and isn't in the least bit fussy. The only others on the list that I have or have had are Am Pride, Doosie and Native Habitat none did well. I've heard about lots of problems with Orange Infusion. I think that Confusion is a beauty but haven't tried it. I have no idea what Felicity and Mary K look like.

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

I have phanomenal and Doosie. They were both new lat year, and I didn't get to see either one bloom. Phanomenal was a terrible grower, and I also hear that it is a bud dropper.
    Doosie grew very well but didn't get a chance to Y.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

I won cuttings from Eddie on ebay right before Christmas, Confusion, was one of them. It rooted so fast, I had to transplant to a 1 gallon pot last week. It has not bloomed, but I would not be suprize if it bloomed by March or April. It is sitting on a dirt floor in my plastic greenhouse. It needs to be planted outside, but will wait until March, when I know it will not freeze again. Barbra

• marquest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for your input. This is what it looks like so far. I will take more suggestions even if I do not have it listed.

#1 Creamsicle
    #2 American Pride
    #3 Native Habitay
    #4 Doosie
    #5 Mary K

• chena
    14 years ago

I like Phanomenal .. The best out of your list.. It did kick buds the first yr but preformed beautifully the second yr..No pest problems, very tolerant of the heat and smells great

Kylie

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

I am assuming you are only interested in doubles?
    Since you are taking other suggestions...I would recommend New Orleans Lady. It was my fastest growing double, and it was my only one to bloom the first year, even giving more than one flush the firt year. It smells great and it is also interesting in that the blooms start white and age to peach/orange, so you can have both colors open on the plant at the same time.

There are pics in the gallery:

Here is a link that might be useful: NOL

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I agree with Shawn on NOL. It blooms well and has gorgeous blooms with the most wonderful scent. Mine sends out screwy blooms at first but they normalize as the season progresses and even if the screwy blooms look kind of odd they still smell great. It also put out more blooms then any of my other doubles last season.

• marquest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Shawn and Karyn. I went back and looked he does not have NOL. Since you both give it a big thumbs up I will look at another place and order that one.

I do not have any doubles except HG and we all know how difficult that one performs, so I wanted to try some doubles. I have a lot of single pink and wanted some peachy, yellows or white doubles.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

If you are looking for a creamy peachy double you can't go wrong with Creamsickle.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz