Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnwsgal

OT: for rock oak deer and fool4flowers

mnwsgal
13 years ago

We will be in San Antonio the weekend of Feb 4,5 & 6. Hope that works for you to get together.

Bobbie

Comments (22)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Great! Next weekend, that's cool, we'll be around most of the weekend. My sister will be here Saturday night, but the daytime is free.

DH is from Pittsburgh, so we'll be watching The Game from the couch Sunday night.

Anytime Friday or Saturday during the day will be great. It's Honeybunny2/Barbra you want to see in San Antonio. I'll send you an email shortly.

Shirley

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Shoot, I'll be in Plano (Dallas) but visiting grandson. Guess a trip to see you wouldn't be quite right!

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

You all let us know how the meet goes, and also post pictures!

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Kristy,
    If you are going down call me. I will not be able to make it down that weekend. I would like to get you to take her cutting if you go. please and thank you.
    pa

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

I will be here next weekend but depends on what my MRI shows Tuesday if I can get around or not. They might be casting my ankle. If you have time to come up this way you are welcome to help yourself in the greenhouse to whatever you would like cuttings of though. Just not sure about me being able to travel. If that will work out let me know and I can pick up cuttings from Pa when I go to Temple Tuesday. Email me at kristyancheta@yahoo.com if that is workable.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Hi Bobbie, hope you got my email this morning. I do live in San Antonio and we may need to find an indoor place to meet. We'll be 77o today and then get a lot colder by the weekend. Wintry mix is predicted for Friday, be careful because no one around here knows how to drive when the roads are bad.

I've sent Barbra an email to see if she's available.

Here's a link for the downtown market square/mercado where we can meet if the weather is bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercado San Antonio

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, all. We are in Corpus Christi for a few more days then will head to San Antonio.

Kylie and pa, we will be going north from San Antonio and could visit you in your own towns if you can't get together. I will call you this evening.

Kristy and Shirley I will send you e-mails as well as call you when we arrive in San Antonio to make arrangements.
    Kristy, sorry to hear about your ankle. I feel your pain as had a broken ankle many years ago.

Shirley, I e-mailed Barbra from her GW address but haven't had a response.

We are enjoying the warm weather here.

Bobbie

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Sounds like you're having fun, enjoy the weather while it lasts and keep your jackets handy. Now they are talking about snow here.

Wish we would have better weather so you can enjoy our beautiful city more, at least it's not as bad as back in MN.

• chena
    13 years ago

Mz.Bobbie it was so Great to talk to you.. I called Pam. pkponder and talked to Jeff (her Hubby) and I think they maybe they able to come over as well.. ;0)
    Maybe we can talk before Monday so I can get with them in plenty of time..
    Looking forward to it..

Kylie

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Bobbie it was so nice to meet you and your husband today! Had a good time visiting with everyone. Its been while since I have seen Albert and Betty as well. Hope you have a safe journey back and miss the worst of the weather as you travel.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Bobbie and her hubby stopped by this afternoon. they stayed about 2 1/2 hours. Kristy came over too. they headed north from here.
    We all enjoyed the visit.
    Thank you for stopping by, it was a pleasure to meet both of you.
    pa

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Sounds like you all had a great time! It's great that you all made the effort to meet up :-)

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We enjoyed our visits with Kristy and Albert and Betty and earlier with Shirley and Neal. Nice to be able to meet and share gardening stories. Albert and Kristy shared some of their cuttings which we are keeping nice and warm.

With the weather forecast looking bad we decided not to visit Kylie and pushed north. Holed up in a motel north of Denton hoping that the roads will improve in OK and KS before we leave tomorrow morning. Our KS destination had 15 inches of snow and more is falling but supposed to clear today. Only a dusting here and some icy roads. MN is very cold but missed this snowstorm.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Happy traveling on your way north. Be careful.
    It was a pleasure to meet ya'll.
    pa

• chena
    13 years ago

Ya'll be safe ! I talked to Mom this morning and they already had 8" of snow and it was still coming down.. She is in OKC.

Kylie

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We arrived home early this afternoon after two stops to visit friends in Kansas. The roads were good all the way. There is still lots of snow on the ground here but high temps are just above freezing and will stay so for several days.

The cuttings and plant survived being shuttled in and out of motel rooms and friends' homes.

We had a great time in TX and enjoyed meeting several of you.

Please stop if you are in our area.

Bobbie

• chena
    13 years ago

Bobbie That is SOOOO Awesome.. I am Happy ya'll made it home safely.. I am so sorry we weren't able to get together..

Kylie

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Hello there,
    I'm glad you made it home safe.
    It was cold the rest of the week after ya'll left, now it's in hte 50's and 60's during the day.
    see ya'll later.
    pa

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

I just got back from the coast about 30 minutes ago, sorry I missed you. I left San Antonio on Jan 27th, I went to try and save my plants, from the freeze. I worked for days putting down mulch and wrapping my tropical plants. I do not have a computer down there, so I had no idea you were coming, I did not know anything until Linda drove down to my house on Friday. We had 3 consecutive days of freezing weather, and then the next week we had another day, and the next morning of freezing weather. I hope all my work pays off, everything is brown, but I hope they come back from the roots in the spring. I can't believe you came to Texas when we had our record coldest weather. Today we went to the beach and it was full of cars from Minn, Wisc, Ill, Iowa, and Canada. It was 68 degrees, and some of those winter texas were actually swimming in the surf. Still alittle too cold for me, but it was just beautiful there. Barbra

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am sorry that I did not get to meet Kylie, Tally, and Barbra while in TX. I appreciate your invitations, perhaps another time.

Honeybunny2, hope your plants survive. We also spent some time along the gulf and I waded in the surf on North Padre Island when it was 72 degrees. There were few people there that day and the beach was so beautiful with perfect sand. By evening we were unexpectedly in cool and windy San Antonio where we waited out the storm. Odd to see no one on the previously busy interstates.

Shirley and her DH met us for a walk around the Japanese Tea Gardens on a sunny warm Super Bowl Sunday. A very lovely area.

While TX was having record cold so was MN. Our goal was to avoid MN's bitterly freezing weather. Your cold days felt like our early March days and wasn't so bad to us, though some of your lows were cold, even to us.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Mnwsgal, did you get to see the Hong Kong Orchid tree at the Japanese Tea Garden? They are just beautiful when in bloom, there are only 2 hugh ones in San Antonio. They have one in Rockport that is across the street from the Fulton post office, its large, but can't hold a candle to the one in the Japanese Tea Garden. Barbra

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barbra, I don't recall if we saw the orchid tree. There were many trees and shrubs that I was unfamiliar with and Shirley identified for me as well as some she did not know.

We were there after the freeze and there were not many blossoms left even on the roses. A few buds here and there on some shrubs.

It is a beautiful location in the quarry. I hope to visit another time when it is full of blooms.