Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantorvillain

Aaaaaah, dirt therapy!

mantorvillain
14 years ago

Retreated to the basement this am to water and decided to check out progress of cuttings which were started in 4" plastic pots. Sure enough they were ready so one cutting of almost everything got upsized to a new 6" pot home. Nothing like a little dirt under your nails to sooth a gardener's soul in mid-january, LOL. The rest will have to wait til later cuz its time to sit and support (OK vegetate) the Vikes vs the Cowboys.

Now, lots of folks seem to have lost plants in the big freeze the past couple of weeks. Lots of folks sent me multiple cuttings of specific plants earlier this fall. I wasn't successful with everything I received but most did root and I do have multiples of most I was able to root.

If you sent me cuttings and have lost parent plants, contact me so I can be sure to set aside replacements for you from the cuttings you sent me.

Will

Comments (10)

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

see thats the beauty of sharing plants :)

• haase
    14 years ago

I don't need any cuttings, but I love your generous gesture.
    Sure hope that your team wins!
    Ingrid

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I hope your favorite team wins Will! I'm at work and we got really un-busy right after kickoff ;-)

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Will-
    Just wanted to thank you for your awesome generosity- you gave me so many plants this fall- most have rooted! I too was down in the basement watering my plants today, they also need re-potting. I'm sorry that the last box of cuttings I sent you weren't doing very well, if there's anything that I have in the spring that you'd like, please let me know.. I'd be more than happy to return your kindness! Good luck with your game!
    kasha77

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

love it~

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Will, so great of you to offer back! I don't know anything about sports, and I have no clue what the Vikes and the Cowboys play, but I hope your team wins :-)

• knotz
    14 years ago

Lucky you, you got to get your hands dirty...I've been SOO tempted just because my hands miss the dirt!!...lol

I got LOTS of flower bed duty once the ground dries out.

And ya, glad the Vikes won :)

knotz

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That's a really nice offer. Things like that make this forum special and different from most of the other GW forums.

I'd go crazy if I couldn't play in the dirt over the winter but working in the greenhouse still isn't the same, for me anyway. I do enjoy it but I'd rather be working outside even if it's with container plants. Being down here makes me want to move so badly. I wish my older kids wanted to go. It's such a pleasure to wake up to warm sunny skies and not worry about snow, ice and freezing temps. Not only that but real estate is so cheap here now. You can find a gorgeous home in Boca or even Coral Gables for 600K or even less. The last time we were looking about 6 years ago the same homes were almost double that!

• knotz
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about being there Karyn...We go to Tampa/Indian Shores every summer and LOVE the warm :)

I wouldn't be able to grow 1/2 the plants there that I can grow here though.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Tampa's beautiful but too cold. We go to that area in the spring but I'd never consider going there in the winter. If I'm going south, I'm going south! lol Even though you are in zone 8 I think it's much more moderate there then zone 8 on the East Coast. Most of the plants I grow except for landscape stuff is native to zone 9 or warmer. I'd miss my peonies, lilacs and spring bulbs if I was here but think that I'd get over it. lol

Sponsored