Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
princealbert_gw

Double pink Berkoingin brugmansia

princealbert
13 years ago

These are all the same bloom. It is the only one that opened fully on Berkoingin this year. I lost about 10 bloom pods when I moved it indoors.

{{gwi:449512}} {{gwi:449513}} {{gwi:449516}}

I hope it does better next year.

pa

Comments (18)

• chena
    13 years ago

Very Cool!!!
    That is a great Brug for the heat.. I found it did best planted in the ground ..Do you plant it out or keep it potted.. BTW Thank you so much for the cutting.. Still waiting to see if he is going to root..

Kylie

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What? still no roots?
    Do I need to take another cutting and try to root it for you?
    No it's still in a pot in the house I juat have the noids white (ear rings) and a yellow in the ground here. It will get into the ground after I get move down to AP. They are all going inground down there.
    pa

• chena
    13 years ago

It still looks good .. I will just give it a bit longer.. SO when are ya'll moving? I need to start planing my Vacation..LOL ;0)

Kylie

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kylie
    looks like June at the present
    pa

• chena
    13 years ago

That is so very cool!!! I am really excited for you and The Boss! Do you have any shots of the place? I would love to see it and what you have planned..

Kylie

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

PA
    great looking Bloom, Congratulations on your Bloom & your move

Elizabeth

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Elizabeth,
    thanks
    That is the only bloom in the 2 years that I have had the plant that has fully developed. As I said , it had about 10 pods on it when I moved it inside. They slowly fell off until there was only the one. Do you find the named ones to be temperamental, I do. I guess I should call it a noid, maybe it would be better at holding the blooms.LOL

kylie I'll send a couple of pics on the reg email.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

PA, that is a beauty even if it's only one bloom, congrats! What/where is 'AP'?

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

eloise,
    A P is in Texas, Aransas Pass near Corpus Christi.
    When you get older you start looking for warm places. LOL

pa

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Wow, that's a beautiful brug and it works outside here too.

Congrats on finding a place. Lots of fishing and gardening in your future there. It'll be closer to swap plants with Barbra too.

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shirley,
    I think Barbara must be down there now. I haven't seen a post from her on any of the regular forums for a while now.
    I think I will put all of them in the ground down there.
    pa

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

PA, good for you in being able to make a move to a warmer place, LOL! Will be great to see pix once you are established there.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Hi, just read the post that your moving down to Ap. When did you decide this? You will love it down there. We are going back next weekend. I plan to stay down for 2 weeks. Maybe we can get together, let me know. The coldest it has gotten so far is 34 degrees. I will dry store my plumeria when I go down, February is our coldest month. I would hate to loose them again. Wish I could dry store the brugmansia plants. I still have to cover them with old sheets. Barbra

• chena
    13 years ago

Barbara How nice to able to go and stay for a couple of weeks.. I bet before long you and PA will get the chance to meet..Very Cool!! You ask about Iochroma's I am not sure if I got back to you have been gone a lot.. But you know if I have them I will gladly send you some..

Kylie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Kylie, I love staying down there. The afternoons always seem to be nice and sunny. I try to work in the yard 2 to 3 hours a day, I always find something to do. I can't wait until the spring so I can plant new plants outside.

PA is moving to AP in June, so I will finally be able to get with him. Right now, when he calls he is about to leave Rockport, and I am just driving down, we always seem to miss each other. I can't wait to see his new home. Pa, could you also send me a email showing your new home, I would love to see it. Barbra

• technodweeb
    13 years ago

Yea, my Berkoingin was a bit annoying also. It's gotta get some "age" on it before it starts to do anything serious. All the flowers that opened, only one dropped the second skirt.

If it doesn't perform better next year, I'm gonna send it to the trash heap. As nice as the colors are and how it sounds, sometimes, they're juuuuuuuuust too tempermental for me.

I'll give it one more shot though. Then it's outta here. (grin)

• fool4flowers
    13 years ago

Oh wow I didn't know you were moving down there. I thought it was just a vacation home sort of thing. I am sooo jealous. We just love camping down there. I look at the weather channel every day and wish I was at the coast, lol. Gonna try and camp down there more this year. Haven't gotten to go since I hurt my ankle before Thanksgiving. Hopefully they will say the tendon is ok Tuesday and not have to do anything else to it.

• princealbert
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We are at least going to try it for a while, to see how it works out.
    pa