Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sekhment

3-in-1 brug ........what?

sekhment
14 years ago

Has any one ever gotten a brug from Michigan bulb co. ? I just got a catalog from them and it has a brug on the cover it has 3 diferent colors on the same plant white , yellow, pink . crazy cool lolol http://michiganbulb.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_80583_A_3-in-1+Angel+Trumpet_E_

cassie

Comments (23)

• chena
    14 years ago

They are full of bull!!!
    I ordered bulbs from they 15 yrs ago and they were crap...

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wow I looked mich bulb up on the rate and review, wow not good. Poopydoo

• haase
    14 years ago

Why not? Maybe you can graft different ones onto a mother plant?
    You can do that with citrus trees for instance. One side has oranges, another grapefruit, a third lemons. My neighbor had one of those.

(Just trying to be a know-it-all today.)

Ingrid.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Cassie as far as I know...it is 3 different brugs in one container...way to much if you wont them to grow nicely.

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Michigan Bulb and the companies associated with it are some of the worst mail order nurseries in business.

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Cassie,
    I too got one of those year before last. The pink one turned out to be white. It was 3 plants in (1)one pot. The white and yellow/orange really put on a show last fall after the weather cooled from the 100+ deg days.
    I have not had a hard time with michigan bulb in the past.
    You can look at my photobucket acct to see the white and yellows if you want. The one that is the BIG EARS photo is the white one from the "3in1"

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/?action=view&current=DSC03749-1.jpg

Happy gardening
    princealbert

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I havent got one yet princealbert, I was thinking about it. I just wanted to see if it was true. lol Ill go check out your pic. 100 deg. Im think that sound good right now its 28 here lol
    cassie

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I put in http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert the http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/?action=view¤t=DSC03749-1.jpg didnt work. I think I know what one you are talking about the one where you have one on eadch side of your head like a big earlolololololol to funny you have some beautiful pics. Awasome deer
    cassie

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Cassie,
    Yes that's the one. The link didn't work for me either when I did a cut & paste.
    Try this one it worked for me

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/
    it's 46 down here at 3:34 PM. stay in out of the weather.

princealbert

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I am sick so stayed home today. Its chilly. Yes all the ones i have heard of that people ordered are 3 rooted brug cuttings in a single pot which you can do yourself instead of paying a lot for them to do it.

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You have wonderful pics princealbert, yeah I hate going out and driving in the snow. lolol I drive slow slow slow lolol. Sorry to hear your sick fool4flowers, chicken soup lol a good movie and a nap.
    hope you get better.
    Cassie

• ashley_plant_addict
    14 years ago

A co-worker got the Burgess catalog in the mail. I know they are not a good co to order from but the prices are temping. I saw the 3-in-1 burg they were offereing and thought it was too cool. Ha! Then I saw this thread. Will not purchase.

I am very interested in geting a burg either by seed or buying a plant. What would you suggest? Does anyone know a good place to order a burg from?

Princealert, you say that your temps got pretty high. I'm in Dallas TX, I have a small shaded patio which is where I want to plant a burg. Would the heat in TX harm the plant?

Thanks
    Ashley

• haase
    14 years ago

Hi Ashley, I've had one Brug in a pot since last April. It is on a small patio with a lattice-type roof and gets afternoon sun. I live in South. California and it gets mighty hot in the summer, sometimes over 100 degrees.
    My Brug is doing great. It will show me when it is thirsty, having droopy leaves, but I'm not letting it get to that point any more,in the summer I water it daily. Whatever I know I've learned from this forum.
    Recently I've taken 3 cuttings. They are about one foot tall and one of them is putting out 11 buds already.

I think you'll be fine with a Brug where you are located.
    Sometimes I believe that there are more problems for people who live in areas that get very cold in the winter.

Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

Hey Ashley!! WELCOME!!!!
    Where in Dallas are you? I live out in Millsap..
    There are several that thrive in the Texas heat.. If you start from seed you will probably have to wait till yr 2 for blooms.. so a rooted cutting or plant would be the way to go.IMHO..LOL send me an email perhaps I can find something around here for you!! âºâº

Kylie

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Ashley,
    You should not have any more problems than I do . I am about 150 miles south of you. Belton is next door to Temple on I35.
    They need a pretty good bit of water, and they need to be fertilized pretty hevily to get maximum blooms. The pics below are in pots. most of mine like morning sun and afternoon shade.
    Do you ever have an occasion to go to Austin? I'm only about 2 miles off the interstate.
    {{gwi:449600}}
    These are 2 of the "tripples" seperated and in the ground
    {{gwi:449603}}

there are several in pots in this pic

{{gwi:449605}}

• chena
    14 years ago

Great pic's Albert!!!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Welcome Ashley. Another Texan found the place to be when you are starting to get into Brugs

pa ...very nice. The huge white cutting from you is doing GREAT!!

Lucy

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Ashley, Welcome lol I know that brug sounded kool I was tempted to, but I thought I would run it buy here because everyone is way smart and a genuinely kind. This is a wonderful forum and it is because of the people here.
    Welcome
    Cassie

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Welcome Ashley. Stick around and won't be long before you have more than one brug!

• ashley_plant_addict
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! I've been on the cacti and succulent, houseplants and hoya forums a lot and only a few time on the burg to get a feeling for the plant.

Ingrid, I too think that those in colder climates have more difficulty with certain plants in the winter. I'm glad that Texas isn't as cold as the north but this past week has been around 30 degrees. Its after 11 oÂclock here and its still around 17 degrees. Quite cold for us.

Hi Kylie! I definitely want blooms! So I will probably try to buy a plant or get a cutting if anyone offers. I'll shoot you an email! :)

Hi Princealbert! Those Burgs you have are beautiful! I especially like the yellow/orange tint in the second picture. I'm so glad that they do well in pots because I have the perfect corner for one! I've attached a link to a thread I started a while back; the purpose was to get help for ideas on plants that would work well in my small backyard/patio in TX heat. Take a look if you'd like to see the area I'm working with. :)

Hi Lucy! I've been interested in them since I started the thread I mentioned above. I had a fellow gardenweber who mentioned the plant and once I saw a photo of it I knew I wanted one! :)

Hi Cassie, there are very knowledgeable people here who are kind to share their information. I've really excelled with my green thumb with help from the lovely people on this forum.

Eloise, I'm sure I'll want more and more. Sadly I have little space but I want to put a burg in one of the corners in my backyard against the north frence. If I can manage I will fit more along the fence. ;)

Thank you again everyone for the warm welcome!

Ashley

Here is a link that might be useful: Layout of small backyard/patio

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Ashley
    Come on over to http://www.brugmansiaworld.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

and join the group. There are many of the same people in this group there too.
    PA

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Hmmm. I always take cuttings of the 'parent' plants I carry over as dormant rootballs as 'insurance' in case the parent decides not to come back in the spring...but usually end up with duplicates when the big ones wake up in the spring. I was thinking of putting 3 (pink, white, yellow) of the smaller duplicates in a half-barrel and fertilizing like heck to see if I could get more than one to bloom at once. Maybe I'll still try it just for the fun of it.
    will

• ashley_plant_addict
    14 years ago

Thanks for the invite princealbert. I'll be sure to check it out! Will, that sounds like a great idea! update us on how the bloom time works out. I'm curious to see how great it will look! :) Ashley

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA