Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sekhment

Would like any info about American Pride

sekhment
14 years ago

So far this is what I have, American Pride ~ Double ~ pale yellow ~ pod parent, Golden Lady ~ Pollen parent, Whiskers.

The info I have I found on the web.

From Jill

American Pride and for me it was a real disappointment. Small, nondescript yellow flower. Maybe it will improve with time. I have it growing in morning sun.

From Karyn

My American Pride was always on the small side

From Kylie

American Pride was dud for me.. I trashed it.. He hated the heat was picky about watering and generaly just a weak plant.. It was growing in morning sun afternoon shade. No pest problems tho..I am a z8

Thanks Jill, Karyn, and Kylie for your info. I cant wait to see what happens, my cutting is doing good ( so far).

. I put this under a new title so others get it lol . I will be putting the info in a word program, any one thatÂs interested can just email me and I will email them the doc.

Thanks Jill, Karyn, and Kylie for your info.

Thanks everyone

Cassie

Comments (9)

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

American Pride for me was a Very weak grower
    and the caterpillars and worms loved it.

It has perform so poorly I left it
    planted in the ground So Jack frost
    can take it out of it's misery tonight.

Chocolate Brug

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

oh NO...FROST??? CB did you safe all your Plants?

Lucy

• sekhment
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh I hope you saved your plants you have, I love your pics of them. So far not so good for Aerican Pride. lolol

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Well, thought I would post a few plants that
    is still blooming tonight. Most likely this
    will be the last night for them because the
    temperature will be dipping into mid 20's
    all this week. so all the plants that are in the ground are going to be history. I do have backup of all my plants.

You can see I have most of my plants all tuck in the garage. I just Love the new Orleans Lady AND the fragrance has the entire garage smelling wonderful.
    {{gwi:450927}}{{gwi:450929}}{{gwi:450931}}{{gwi:450933}}{{gwi:450935}}{{gwi:450937}}{{gwi:450939}}{{gwi:450941}}{{gwi:450942}}
    {{gwi:450944}}

Chocolate Brug

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Your garage looks so nice and organized. I'm never posting a pic of mine! What is the plant with the small dark orange blooms in the 3rd & 4th pics? Your inground plants come back in the spring don't they?

I saw that even Miami was getting near freezing temps. I'm trying to find someone to go to FL with me. I want to go within the next two weeks. I'd rather not go with just my youngest but I will just to get away from here. We've had miserably cold temps, near zero with the wind chill factor. Brrrrr!!!!!!!!!! Even 35 sounds almost warm. LOL

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Chocolate Brug you did good. I am sure that with all the love and attention they get from you...they will be back in all their glory for you.

Man Karyn I would go! lol But I just cancelled a few trips...TO DARN COLD lol Just do not go to Florida until it warms up again ;-)

Geeeeeeeeeeeeee that would be a LONG time being so cold...sorry CB...I do hope it warms up FAST again!!

Lucy

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Your garage looks so nice and organized. I'm never posting a pic of mine! What is the plant with the small dark orange blooms in the 3rd & 4th pics? Your inground plants come back in the spring don't they?

Karyn, It's a California Gold Bougainvillea.

{{gwi:450945}}

All of the brugs will bounce back very quickly.
    That is one reason I never worry about the brugs
    planted in the ground here. But just in case I always
    have backup plants. Most of my prize Brugs are all
    planted in pots.

After accessing the Brugs this morning all of
    the leaves looks Burnt and they are all dropping.

And go figure, the American pride leaves are
    all perfect. but hopefully Jack Frost with get
    It tonight.

Chocolate Brug

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

roflmao CB. You KNOW that american PRIDE heard you and is fighting it lol

Lucy

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Chocolate Brug, I love New Orleans Lady too, she is one double that does very well for me. I understand that we will get freezing weather Thrus, and Fri at the coast, it will get down to 31 degrees Thrus, and 28 degrees on Friday, I will not be there to protect my plants, but it is suppost to rain on Thursday, so there is hope. Here in San Antonio, it will get down to 19 degrees Friday night. I will need to drape, the Christmas net lights on my flower beds. This really does help. I discovered this one year, by accident, and have been doing it ever since. It is much easier than covering my plants, and the wind will not blow them off my beds. Barbra

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm