Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantorvillain

how to safely use miticides in cold weather

mantorvillain
11 years ago

I obtained some Avid with intentions of using it for spider mite control (always have an outbreak during winter but nothing so far....said softly cuz I know it's coming).
After reading the label I'm trying to think of how I might be able to safely apply this in my basement...

the only thing I can figure out might be to have some sort of enclosure/tent to contain the mist/droplets (will likely use a hand mister). I was thinking of trying to find one of those small 'window' greenhouse kits that has several shelves. See if I could cut a hole and seal around a long armed vinyl glove like vets use when...well won't go into that here, but you get the idea.

This seems fairly elaborate but I'm for sure not going to be just spraying in the basement for my furnace to 'distribute' around the house - much less me in a confined space even w gloves/mask etc.

If you've used this or other miticides/pesticides which shouldn't be inhaled I'd really welcome you advice.
...and no the garage isn't heated and it's waaay too cold here in MN for even a quick trip outside.

I'll probably post this in a couple of places and share any good feedback.

thanks for your thoughts,
Will

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery