so full I can't hardly get in them,

winter is just so gluemy I need

sunshine! So what have you been doing?

Hugs

Susan

Comments (23)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I'm at work today, but on my days off I built a new bed for all those lovely brugmansias, finished spreading a huge pile of mulch, potted up some rooted cuttings, got my tp rolls filled with soil, placed in an old aquarium and ready for seeds and got a fence put up. Our weather was fabulous this week.

Pam

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

I been cleaning out all the frozen plants and putting down new mulch. Can hardly wait for Spring to Get here,but I have had time to read ALL the threads on Brugs. I've really learned alot while lurking.
    Harold

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Snow & ice Thur & yesterday. Everything is white again. It is slowly melting but more expected tonight. I am looking at seed catalogs & dreaming of balmy breezes.

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I was going to work outside. By the time I was done farming...the weather had turned very nasty and cold...so I continued to farm ha ha ha

Admiring how crazy the cuttings are growing now :-)

Lucy

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Its raining again today! :O

I have been keeping busy with wintersowing and tending my rose cuttings. Plan to start my annual seeds this week. I am ready for spring!

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Frances

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Yesterday was just beautiful here; the rains have stopped for now. I planned on working out in the yard, but decided to go to a class at the nursery close to my home and then grocery shopping after. Today after church, I need to go buy soil to plant a few of my brug seeds from Brenda (thanks), and later make a meatloaf for my DD's home for tomorrow. This will be her first day back to work after her accident, so I assume she will be tire after being out a week.

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

In between the needed showers, I'm cutting back the dead
    heads, making observation of chores STILL to be done and
    stocking up on amemdments. Around here, things start to pop
    in Feb., sooooo..... I'm excited!! Going to start some
    seeds (winter sow) and get some orders in the mail.
    You don't have long now, Susan...hang in there!!!
    Margaret

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Working this weekend. On Friday I started chopping off the dead wood on the brugs, you can see the difference in color. Trimming up other things like crinums, canna, shrimp plants, etc, that were hard hit. Planted lettuce in the front beds. Put in some seeds. General cleaning. Dog bomb patrol.
    Off tomorrow so will work on the ponds and continue cleaning up from the freeze. The rubber tree is losing all it's leaves & I'm not sure it's still alive.
    Tally HO!

• dees
    14 years ago

Susan, I know exactly what you mean....sooooo gloomy. I have been transplanting my cuttings into larger pots, and babying a few brug seedlings, along. Can hardly wait for Spring. Our last frost date is May 15 :^(
    Dee

• haase
    14 years ago

I think I have done ENOUGH WORK just by reading your inputs.
    Except I will sweep my patio when it is dry.
    OOHHH! the energy you all have is fascinating me!
    Good for you!
    Ingrid

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Yesterday, I went to the nursery, and bought some old cottage garden seeds. I just finished planting larkspur, stocks, and lauren's grape poppy seeds. I am about to plant the ranunculus bulbs that I bought last month, and forgot to plant. The nursery was out of hyacinth bean seeds, I bought the last pack of the grape poppy seeds, so I guess eveyone is getting spring fever. Barbra,

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

Temps are near 60 today! I plan to spread compost (lots
    of compost) around my fruit trees and get some seeds
    started for sure!
    Margaret

• sibhskylvr
    14 years ago

I've been taking care of the plants like everyone else! Hoping SPRING gets here in a hurry! lol! Only lost a few cuttings this year - larger plants are still OK! Glad I brought them all in for the winter! :) Maybe I'll be able to have a head-start on some blooms come Spring!

Oh - and Facebook!! I love it! lol! Not started any Farmville, Mafia Wars, Fishville, or any games of any kind, but it's still nice to hook up with friends & family!

Mike

• figara
    14 years ago

Not much...I am killing seedlings and cuttings and I am so frustrated :-(
    I bought a few fruit trees to plant but it's still raining. Not much Facebook for me just talking on Skype with family and friends.

My brother tells me that for the last few days in Bucharest Romania the temperatures runs around 10*F during the day and -2*F during the night. Brrrrr I am already cold.

Pat

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Well, our spring thaw seems to be over up here in the northland...flurries and in the 20s today slowly sliding the rest of the week. I could go out to clip things left standing last fall but its so time consuming to dig down through 2-3 feet of snow to get to the base, LOL.

I worked the weekend also so am off today and got good news. I had booked a cruise for DW and I the end of February paying via credit card the first week of November. Well, the big thing on local news 12/23 was that the travel agency had closed its doors. I was able to determine that the cruiseline had been paid but the airline and transfers had not, and the travel agency's website just directed customers to the cruise/air carriers they had (supposedly) made arrangements with. This is getting waay too long but bottom line is I filed a dispute with my credit card company for the air and transfers part and got word today they just credited my acct. Yeahhhh! I had already gone ahead and paid for the air tickets/transfers again but was a little nervouse I was going to get 'stiffed' for the original. Now it appears it'll at least be 'a wash' financially.....much relieved.
    Now its time to let my new fish out of their bags (been acclimating to the tank temp) and go curl up for the Sun afternoon nap I missed yesterday.
    Stay warm everyone,
    Will

• brugmansiaddict
    14 years ago

I repotted 2 Zunac vulcanicola's yesterday. One of them has a 'Y' on it. I took 4 cuttings from one Zunac vulc. today, and 2 Culebra cuttings. Also, I potted up some vulcanicola, sanguinea, arborea and vulc x sang hybrid seeds last week.

It should prove to be an exciting year for me. Especially if the weather stays cool enough here for the Zunac to not drop it's buds.

• akat71
    14 years ago

Cleaning up a flooded basement....and trying to baby some cuttings I received last fall. They don't appear to being doing to well. This is my first experience with brugs and can't wait for spring!
    If anyone needs a Farmville neighbor send me an email!

Kitty

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Maryott's Gardens has posted their 2010 price list, I have been putting my dream list together. I have selected the bongo plants, but Bill has not posted the collections yet. I need to see what he has there, since that is the best deal. I go for hugh blooms, tall plants, with at least 30 to 40 blooms per plant, I try to get only rebloomers, so I have blooms from May thru September. Barbra,

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Maryott's Gardens finished posting their 2010 price list, I have been putting my dream list together. I have selected 5 bongo plants, but Bill has not posted the collections yet. I need to see what he has there, since that is the best deal. I go for hugh blooms, tall scapes, with at least 30 to 40 blooms per plant, I try to get only rebloomers, so I have blooms from May thru September. Barbra,

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Got an estimate today for bee removal -- $495 -- and will be getting another estimate tomorrow! For those that don't know, some honeybees decided to make their home inside the roof. At first I thought they were going in through the roof (you can see them flying around) and assumed they were in one of the walls. The guy today said they are just above the ceiling and he believes they have been there a while. This company would relocate the bees. Depending on tomorrow's estimate, I will then decide unless it is too extreme and then will seek a third estimate. Ah life is always so interesting!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Gosh, I was posting, and my husband called me to help him, when I came back I posted the message again, I really am getting bad at remembering. Barbra,

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

I have become BOB the Builder-Demolisher, I thuoght I was SHERA but found out differently,WE started tearing down this old house me and my in-laws, honeybun as supervisor.We have worked on this mission for the past 3 weeks and as of yesterday we are down to the floor. Roof, ceilings,walls, all electrical wiring saved broke about half to 3/4 of the boxes, saved all insulation the sheetrock all damaged, the paneling too. had saved the windows but one little mistake and they all got broken!! so it was hard work I slept like a rock at night,got up in the morning went to work and on to demolish in the evenings. Come home and look in on the plants feed my dogs and cat off to sleep. weekends back to demolish,the supervisor thought we did a good job!!but now we quit for a few days, till we get a flat bed to haul off the floor in pieces, cause that floor is going to be a storage shed- garage-building. We are going to build a building so that we can store a lawnmower and junk. Sorry for being so long, and by the way I am starting to plant seeds!!

• yaslan
    14 years ago

Like everyone here, I can't wait until spring makes her appearance and stop the sun's nonsense of playing peek-a-boo!

Kitty ~ 'If anyone needs a Farmville neighbor send me an email!' My sister and a few other people on my facebook would love to have you as a farmville neighbor!

I just received a plumeria cutting so I potted that up and am rooting a philodendron in water. I've started some longan seeds. There's a shipment of brug. cuttings I should be receiving this week. I am excited about this as well. (1st time with brugs). I'm still trying to get a bit more motivated so I can clean my patio space and make room for my summer palace... lol.

And I can't wait for my tropical fruits to arrive from Florida. A member here on GW has generously agreed to ship fresh samples of june plum, different varities of carambola aka starfruit, sapodialla, and canistel. I am fantastically ecstatic!
    @~ BO

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!