Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Crappy year so far.

fool4flowers
14 years ago

Just buried my quaker parrot Green Bean. I woke up this morning and he was dead. I put her with Goldie. I've had him since he was a baby with no feathers for 9 years. What a rotten year so far for me.

Comments (21)

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

So Sorry :(
    I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Kristy :-(((

That is the worsted begging for what was suppose to be a much better year then last, for you.

HUGS ...I am so sorry.

Can it be that Green Bean missed Goldie? How old do they get? Don't they get OLD?

I love you

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

When Goldie left you, she felt alone and lonely.
    Goldie called Green Bean, and Green Bean followed her.
    They went to Rainbow Bridge together.

Hugs for you.
    Ingrid

• sekhment
    14 years ago

Ingrid, that was beautiful! my sentiments exactly .
    Cassie

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I'm sorry for you.

Linda

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear the sad news.
    Hope better thnigs start happening.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry. Green Bean is keeping Goldie company. Was Green Bean ill? That's young for a parrot.

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

I'm very sorry.

• chena
    14 years ago

Kristy I am sooo Sorry!!

Let me tell ya'll a story about Green Bean.. He was sooo loud but I finally learned to sleep thru the noise..LOL Once when I was there Kristy said look you can give him a kiss..RIGHT.. He bite the crap out of my tongue it was purple and swollen.. and you shoulda seen him fly thru the house and try to land on his one leg..It was funny.. He finally got to where he would talk to me in the mornings if I gave him peanuts.. I am sure gonna miss him.. I am glad he was around as long as he was Kristy!! He loved you especially when you gave him a bath!! :O)
    Love you!!!

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Ingrid beautifully said

Kylie lol

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't think he was sick. He hasn't said Goldie's name since she died and he used to call her every night and go come here Goldie and click his tongue and when she would come he would yell at the door and say "Get outside". It was so funny and poor Goldie would fall for it every time. Maybe he missed her and is with her now. I can only think he may have fallen and broken his neck. He only had one leg and would hang upside down like a bat or sit on the perch and lean against the side of the cage. He has fallen asleep before and fell down but usually flapped his wings enough to land right side up. He was upside down in the bottom of the cage and his neck was bent poor baby. Its awefully quiet around her now and Morgan is devastated. He used to call her name and yell whatcha doing? John was his pretty bird and I was Momma. John has one of his baby goldfish in the pond that looks sick and I don't think its going to make it. That will be 3 in a month. I hope our bad luck is done for. The pitiful plants in the yard look really dead. Anxious for spring to come and see if they come back. I hate winter. When it warms up I will plant some things on the pets grave. John made a nice large raised mound where they are buried so I will put some wildflowers up there and some native plants and make it pretty. Its right next to the little stream so hopefully they will get some water from that. Its way up on the hill and he is clearing trees so we can go up there and visit them and look out over the valley below. We are going out of town this weekend. Maybe that will cheer me up. I'll get to stop and see Kylie on the way home at least. We are supposed to fish a tournament at Possom Kingdom Lake. Hope it doesn't rain and warm up a little. Never been up there before so maybe it will be a nice trip. Love you all and thanks for the hugs.
    Kristy

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Im so sorry Kristy.

Karen

• figara
    14 years ago

Kristy , I am so sorry.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Kristy when we talked...you did not mention seeing Kylie.

You can do me a favor and take her Christmas Present!? Still got some here roflmao.

Someone mentioned Christmas in July a few days ago at the farming game...and I guess I am taking that to heart lol

Lucy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Oh Kristy, I'm so sorry for you and John. I really hope things level off for you soon. I would be sad too.

Pam

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear that Green Bean has gone to be with Goldie. I pray that the rest of the year does not hold more grief for you and John.
    I hope ya'll catch all the big ones and win at possum kingdom.
    PA

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I know it's a sad time for you but reading stories like the one Kylie told made me smile. I hope it did the same for you.

• knotz
    14 years ago

SOOO sorry Kristy...Hopefully all the "bad" is out of the way now and the rest of your year is a joyous one!!

• rigo74
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear about green bean :0( Hugs!

Rigo

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Kristy, sorry to hear about losing your feathered pet, and so close to the time Goldie left. Keep your chin up knowing you, John and Morgan were so loving to them.

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks you all. Yes, Greenbean gave us years of laughs. He was a hoot. I really miss him and so does John and Morgan. She is really torn up still. I am just too used to him yacking all the time the quiet gets to me. Plenty busy at work trying to restore everything after the computer crashed and things not being compatible with windows 7 on the new one, oh joy. Ready to get away for a couple of days. Yes, Lucy I can take something to Kylie for you. We are leaving early Friday morning so I need to get it tomorrow probably. The lake we are going to isn't far from her house so we will go by there Sunday before we come home.