Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haase_gw

tornado watch

haase
14 years ago

We just had a tornado warning. All TV channels were on alert. I got scared, never experienced a tornado, just earthquakes. It's over now, and no tornado hit us. Moved on North East.

My big potted brug is drooping from the strong wind and heavy rainfall. The big branches are almost horizontal. The smaller plants could be moved to secure areas, but I couldn't move my big Angel, its pot was already waterlogged.

I hope it's gonna be OK.

Ingrid

Comments (15)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Ingrid that must have been real scary! SO GLAD nothing happened! Brugs will recover!!

I am sitting here just shaking my head. Can not believe the weather.

Hugs
    Lucy

• figara
    14 years ago

Tornado! scary. Glad everything is all right Ingrid.
    We had a storm yesterday too. Lots of wind, heavy rains and hail!!! for a few minutes. There are more storms on the way for us.

Pat

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm glad a tornado didn't touch down. I didn't realize that you even got tornados there. I'm sure the brugs will be fine. I saw the news last night and all the mud slides that are happening in So CA, especially in areas that were burned out by the fires last year. I hope that was the first and last you hear of a tornado in your area.

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I do, too, Karyn. As a matter of fact, tornadoes are strange to California. Never had to worry about that before!
    Ingrid

• taz56
    14 years ago

Stay safe!
    Susan

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Sure had lots of rain. My firestick (plant) was all bend down towards the driveway because of the rain. I tried getting my car out without causing it too much damage. This evening, I just left my car in the driveway instead of putting it in the garage as I didn't want to deal with the firestick, LOL!

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eloise be careful with your firestick. I hear it is very toxic and has landed people in the hospital with toxic shock. Yours must be very big, according to your description of driveway/car.

Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

What CRAZY Weather!!! Glad you are alright! We have LOTS of Tornado's and they can be so dangerous...I had no idea firestick was poisonous..Good to know..

Kylie

• figara
    14 years ago

We have a tornado warning today too . On TV the emergency signal came on 2 times to warn us and give instructions. Right now is very windy. Hope everything will be alright.

Pat

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

It is not raining right now (6:40 AM), and I hope it stays that way so the water will get a chance to be absorbed. Yesterday, the news said two planes were hit by lightening in Burbank. There was damage to the planes, but didn't hear anything about anyone being hurt. Now that is also scary!

• figara
    14 years ago

No tornado :-)) but it's raining and raining. Hope will stop soon. The ground is so saturated and there are lots of flooded area.
    Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

juat watched the news about the rains in CA...I hope all of our friends are out of harms way ...stay safe!!

Lucy

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There will be MORE coming tomorrow!
    And I think again on Monday.
    Ingrid

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Ingrid, didn't know there's going to be more. I think we've had enough. The brugs really love it though. I've got a couple that are blooming right now. Worried about friend's daughter that lives in La Conchita but I guess it's pretty well shored up after the horrible mudslide a few years ago. Stay dry and safe.

Jill

• haase
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We just had a terrific hail storm
    My poor Angel!!!
    You'll never hear me complain about a heat-wave any more!
    Ingrid