Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenlady48_gw

Looking for Brugs cuttings....please?

gardenlady48
11 years ago

Greetings-
If any kind Brugs owner has any cuttings to share I would be happy to pay the shipping....I live in central Illinois. I'll give them a nice home with lots of love! :)

Thank you!

Comments (19)

• vaskirt
    11 years ago

It's a bad time of year for most people and brug cuttings. Fall is best when people are trimming them to take inside for the winter. ;)

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops...thanks Ednam for the heads up...I should have realized that....oh we'll. hope I can rember that in the fall. :)

• eahamel
    11 years ago

Wait until late spring, it will be fine to ship cuttings then. They won't survive much freeze, so fall might not be a good time for shipping.

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Guess I better not order one on eBay either until spring...thanks for bringing me back to reality! Too anxious....

• kayjones
    11 years ago

If the Brug cuttings are wrapped in moist paper and again in bubble wrap, they will ship just fine.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

I wouldn't trust shipping to the IL area this time of year w/o a 72 hr heat pack.

• monet_g
    11 years ago

+ Karyn. It's just too cold here in the northern states - running at 10 to 20 degrees F here right now.

Gardenlady, one nice thing about getting cuttings in the Spring is that they settle in, root well and grow on for the season. I have some that I brought in during the Fall - they're alive, but not thriving.

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all for the tips! Looking forward to receiving cuttings this spring . :)

• rednofl
    11 years ago

We haven't had a winter here in Fla this year so I am getting ready to cut back my Brugs in the next few weeks . I would be glad to send you some fresh cuttings.

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Really!? How exciting...I heard if they are wrapped correctly the should not freeze in the transport? Which variety do you have? :)

• mickeymantle
    11 years ago

i would also like some cuttings the weather is great here and have been shipping and receiving other tropical plants with no problem
    love yellow red and orange plants , starting a new butterfly hummingbird garden and need more plants and I am on a tight budget
    thanks

• grullablue
    11 years ago

I would love another brug, if anyone has a cutting to share this spring. I don't know what I'm after, it really doesn't matter. I have a Jean Pasco now, and just adored it last year. The sight, the smell....amazing! I'm in southern WI. My brug is in the basement, and just recently I noticed it's thinking about leafing out now! I can't wait for spring to get here!!

• rednofl
    11 years ago

All mine grow outdoors and we dodged a freeze this year.They are all huge and I am getting ready to trim mine so If anyone wants cuttings send me an email

• rednofl
    11 years ago

Hey mamasllamas , grullablue, carrie751 I will be happy to send you cuttings , BUT you have to have your email turned on on in gardenweb so I can reply to your emails.

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rednofl,
    my email is turned on and I too would love some cuttings. I originally posted this thread and looking forward to some cuttings to grow. Gladly will pay for the shipping. thank you for your time and effort. :)

• grullablue
    11 years ago

I will check my Email status of GW.... but my Email is grullablue@gmail.com just in case!

• carrie751
    11 years ago

My email is turned on also................just received one through it this morning. Don't know what the problem is if you cannot access it.

• rednofl
    10 years ago

babette11 .... I have some cuttings ready but your email addy doesnt show up in your email . Send me your email address I have 4 different cuttings soaking right now Adora, National Habitat, Equador White and the Yellow noid. you are welcome to them

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rednofl,
    My email is: grdngrl.pam@gmail.com

Send me an email and I will give you my address! Thanks!

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz