Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

Brug Wish List!

chena
13 years ago

Everyone ..about this time of yr is making plans looking at seed mags and making that annual Wish List! LOL

SOOOO What is on your Wish List??

Fred Sommer has his site @sommergardens.com that should be complete soon..

Liz @ Aghrya Gardens will more than likely and some new stuff.. AND Of course she is the Brug Mommy that grew out The Chief for Volker Sanders.. And then of course there is JT at countrygdncom who already has a lot listed at his site ready to go..

SOOO what is your Pleasure?? What will you be searching for this yr.? There are going to be people who will have cuttings Wintered over that will have spares.

The Plants Exchange another new place to list your wishes and wants for trade or postage..

What are you looking for? If you have any other reputable sellers I would love to hear about them..

Kylie

Comments (27)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

For the first time I can remember I have pretty much everything that I want. That's as long as everything survives the winter. I'm sure there's some new varieties that I'll want but as of now I'm pretty much set. I'm also looking forward to growing out some of my crosses this season. I'm still waiting on two pods to ripen, Sam x Dbl L'Amour and Super Spot x Day Dreams. I have some Emerald Frost x Day Dreams started already and actually picked the last 2 pods of that cross yesterday.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Freckles, Grazie, and Super Spot are the three main ones I'd like to find this year, but the list goes on and on and on!! :-)

• kasha77
    13 years ago

This year I'd love to find-
    Axel Rose
    Clementine
    and I wouldn't mind some of Fred's new crossess!
    I'm also opening my online website www.gardensbykasha.ecrater.com some time this early summer. Right now, I've got 31 varieties listed, and have about 30 more I have to upload. Check it out:)
    kasha77

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

I have a small Freckles that I've had for a few years that I got from Fred. That thing hardly grows though. It is super slow. If it was bigger I'd give you a cutting. Last year it grew a little more than this year. Maybe this year it will take off...

I would like more of my crosses to bloom lol! Last year didn't seem near as good for brug blooms as the year before. We hardly got any rain here last summer. But bugs everywhere!!
    I *wish* we get a better growing season this year LOL!

• marquest
    13 years ago

I was tempted with New Orleans Lady and tried to root a cutting and was not successful so that is the only thing on my wish list. LOL

• rudy625
    13 years ago

Great site Kathy,wish you luck in your new endevor!!

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Congrats Kathy.. You know Liz is getting ready to start recruiting reputable retails to participate @ The Plants Exchange. In return they not only have the opportunity to help fellow gardeners in these difficult financial times but it is a chance for free advertisement.. And of course the wonderful thing called Word Of Mouth!! LOL
    just a thought ;0) I think my biggest wish right now is just to be able to be home this yr..LOL I know I have lost a lot BUT on the other hand is does leave room to take better care of the survivors and make new additions.. I know this is going to be Fabulous yr I have seen several of the newly registered Brugs.. they are Absolutely Yummy!!

Kylie

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Thanks Dan & Kylie! My babies will have to get a little warmth and sunshine before they are ready- I'm planing to grow them them in ground for a bit when spring arrives so they'll have a handsome root structure. Then my site will be ready for action! :)
    Oh Yeah- I just thought of another brug that I've wanted for some time- Fleming Island Rachel!
    Kylie- thanks for the tip-

kasha77

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathy I do believe that JT @ counrtygdn.com has that little pretty listed..BTW JT is the first retailer to list items..Karoline I think..

Kylie

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Isn't their site great?!
    kasha77

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your new online store Kathy. Best wishes.
    My wish list consists of obtaining variegated brugs and getting into growing 'Epiphyllum'.
    Jerry

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

Nice shop Kathy. It is great to see more stores from quality growers.

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

my want list is very small this year
    Brenda, just as soon as it gets warm, I can send you a clipping of Super Spot, I think I still have your address around here somewhere
    Kathy, Congratulations on your website, you have done an amazing job with your Brugs
    Karyn, Congratualtions, on all your crosses
    Elizabeth

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Thanks for the compliments Jerry, Fred and Elizabeth! I'm pretty excited too! I've been busy re-potting my cuttings. Had to buy a huge shelving system to get them off the basement floor. Man I need a green house bad! I don't think a 12 x 20 is gonna be big enough for next year!
    kasha77

• kathi_rogers
    13 years ago

My wish is to not kill my cuttings and be able to plant them out in the spring! Kathy congrats on your new website!

13 years ago

Since we are talking about nursery websites lol.
    Heads up!! Check out the globba gingers on zone9tropicals. They have the Blue Hawaii globba that has been on my wishlist. Had to order that one :)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That's a pretty one. I've never seen a blue globba, might have to think about that.... Zone 9 is still my favorite online nursery. Ron and Wayne are great and they always send the nicest plants. Some years ago I asked Wayne if he knew anyone that had a B. culebra and he said that he thought that he had some in the greenhouse. I asked how much and he just sent it as a gift. They did begin putting them on their website after that. lol

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Damn you Lynette! I just had to go look at that globba again and I couldn't just order that..... lol I sent Ron a message asking him to hold the order until the end of Apr.

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL they are real good about checking YOUR weather before they ship.. That globba sure is pretty!! LOL

• karyn1
    13 years ago

They aren't shipping anywhere anytime soon because of the weather in TX. I just don't want any new plants arriving until I'm back from vacation in Apr. We're all going away for 2 weeks so my neighbor's DD will be taking care of the animals and plants. She does a good job but the less here, the better. I'd hate to come home and find dead plants, especially new ones.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Thanks for the reminder about the Plant Exchange Kylie. Last time I tried to register, it didn't work for me so will try again.

Had to look up globba. Didn't know what you all were talking about, LOL! Interesting plant.

• marquest
    13 years ago

eloise there is a glitch. It did not work for me. I emailed Kylie and she got me in.

Kathy I am sorry I forgot to congratulate you. I went to your site and got stuck looking around and did not come back. LOL. I love your set up and the pics. Very Good Job!!!

13 years ago

Haha, Karyn, me too. I also got the Sangria globba as well as the blue one. I also wanted that 'Seminole' but couldn't get an order page to come up. Oh well, maybe later. I don't mind waiting for the order to ship due to poor weather. I don't know where I would put them right now either LOL! My plant shelves are crammed full of seedlings and lights and then I have a rubbermaid tote on the bottom shelf that I am using for a brooder for some newly hatched chicks in lmao! Got my 2 obsessions rolled into 1.

Here's a few pics of my other globbas
    White Dragon
    {{gwi:455438}}
    Dancing Ladies
    {{gwi:455439}}
    Close up of the flower (looks like a scorpion lol)
    {{gwi:455440}}

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Those are so pretty. You are such a bad influence. lol A friend in Puerto Rico sent me Dancing Ladies a few years ago, yellow and pink but they aren't named. I was surprised at how fast they grow from those little round things, seeds, bulbils, not sure what they are. I had flowers the first season on some. I was fairly restrained with my order. I got the blue globba, P. murucuja (to replace one I lost) and a Thunbergia mysorensis. It's one of the smaller orders that I've placed ; ) lol It's a good thing I don't live near them. Between Zone 9 and Caldwell I could go absolutely crazy.

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lenette I Love Dancing Ladies.. I am scared to go look at anything else.. Seems like all of our money right now is going to feed Cows..We just bought another 30 rounds of Hay and a ton of feed.. Sometimes I think they eat better than I do..

Kylie

• kasha77
    13 years ago

marquest-
    Thanks, I appreciate your input!
    kasha77

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Kathy, just went to take a look at your new site, Looking
    Good!!!
    Congratulations!

Karen