Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

It's a heat wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karyn1
13 years ago

We are finally warming up. Temps in the 60's today, 40's to 50's thru Wed and near 70 by Friday! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 50 mph winds might put a bit of a damper on outdoor activities today but it's WARM!!!!!!!!!!! Last week I was waking to temps in the teens. What a nice change. Nighttime temps are still below freezing so the greenhouse heaters will have to run at night but at least they'll get a break during the day and I can open the vents.

Comments (22)

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Karyn
    you gotta love it, temps this morning was 46 degrees, Spring is on it's way, finally we get out of the deep freeze, at least for a few days

Elizabeth

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Warm here also,46 yesterday. 40's til Friday with lows around 29. I think the dormant plants are starting to wake.
    Jerry

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Karyn, is`nt it wonderful!!!
    It hit 60 here yesterday, it was a beautiful day!

Karen

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful, girls!!! I'm happy too. I want to walk
    outside to see the emerging lilies, peonies and perhaps
    some of my poppies. I've had surgery....BUT....I've got to
    see something green on the outside. Hope you all enjoy this
    weather and have a wonderful week.:):):)
    Margaret

• chena
    13 years ago

Isn't it NICE!!

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

High 30s and 40s expected this week and snow is quickly disappearing. By the end of the week we might even see a patch of ground here and there.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Wow that is some nice weather! It was 70 here today and sunny without the cold wind like we had been having lately lol. I spent this afternoon outside potting up about 50 tomato and pepper seedlings while my dumb blue rooster kept jumping up on the potting table trying to get bites of plants lol. I actually got hot out there and had to go sit in the shade.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Glad it's warmed up for some of you. My sister in NM was snowed in!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The weather service predictions are #$%@. It was so freaking cold and windy yesterday. Back to 20 degree am temps and it didn't feel a whole lot warmer as the day went on : ( Today does feel warmer and they are still predicting temps in the 60's on Fri. I'll believe it when I feel it. I was so looking forward to warmer weather. Monday was nothing but a tease!

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

It was 52 degrees here today and another 50 degree day is expected tomorrow. We are to stay around 40 for a low tonight. Early afternoon was beautiful but wind picked up and made it feel cooler by 4:30 p.m. Our normal high is 29 degrees. Colder weather is coming on Friday.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

mnwsgal,
    keep that cold stuff up there in the north!!
    Glad you guys made it home safe.
    pa

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Its gonna be around 80 here on Saturday but I won't be here LOL! I am going up north towards Atlanta, GA for the day so it will prob be colder there.

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

High 70's here today! What a time. Trying not to spoil myself...we still have March to deal with.

• chena
    13 years ago

Yup!! That False sense of security.. I actually moved a few things out side for some fresh air. 81* yesterday..WOOHOO!!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yesterday was great. I sat by the pool and read a book. I pretended that the pool cover was off. lol I even got some sun : ) Today isn't bad but the weekend's supposed to get cold and a chance of snow on Tuesday : (

• chena
    13 years ago

We have some low temps on Monday 31*.. So I will be hauling back in.. BUT I did have a good time..Won't be long!

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Well, back too reality! Temps are now at 28 degrees and we had wind warnings for yesterday and today. I woke up to snow on the ground and I don't like it!! Maybe sounds crazy to all of you but I almost think it would be better to just have cold non stop till March or April(I live in western NY, usually starts to get warm by then.

I really am hoping for an early spring. My brugs cuttings grew like weeds under my 600 watt HPS light. All the cups are filled with roots, and that makes it where I need to water almost every day.

Andrew

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The wind was terrible here yesterday. The power was flickering off every few minutes. It was so frustrating. We were getting gusts about 60 mph. At least I remembered to close the GH vents this time. lol Today is supposed to be average with temps around 40. It's supposed to be 60 on Mon and a high of 30 on Tues with a possibility of snow. Good grief!!!! I can't wait to go to PR and get away from this.

• rudy625
    13 years ago

I can't believe it! Thursday & Friday it was in the mid to upper 60s.They just issued a winter storm warning for 10 inches of snow tonight! Just brought the dogs in from our walk,and the wind is whipping,and it's started to snow already. Enough is enough,this is definately the worst winter we have had in a loooonnngggg time.They say spring is just around the corner,I looked,and got hit in the face with snow.SPRING ?????????

• passion4passies
    13 years ago

We've had upper 70's to low 80's all week. I kind of miss the cool breezes...but it is making for ripening cherry tomatoes I hauled in each freeze snap during past winter. And the brugs were placed in ground 3 weeks ago, as no threat of more below freezing weather. They are just taking.
    Karyn, the cutting of 'Emerald Frost' has already made her 'Y' and will be making blooms within a month. I promise to post pics for you to see. Hope it's warmed within last week for you, I see your last entry as the 20th. Don't worry, spring will be here soon in all her glory! ;)

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Been raining around here, and I hope it stops by tomorrow so I can go to the winery, LOL!

Karyn, that was the shortest heatwave ever!

• marquest
    13 years ago

This morning it was 63 by 3 pm it was 30. This weather is driving me crazy.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler