Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowbank

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 8:58

For some reason Snowbank will only bloom during the winter for me. If I didn't like the foliage I'd trash it. During the summer the foliage is full and beautiful but looks like crap over the winter. Arborea also only blooms during the winter for me but that's a cold group variety. I don't know why Snowbank blooms when it does. The foliage is sparse and crinkled over the winter. It doesn't have mites but does harbor some aphids, along with almost everything else in the garage. The flowers aren't anything special. I might just start letting it go dormant and give up on blooms. I like the foliage enough to keep it even without flowers. I can't wait until it's warm enough to get everything back outside!
Photobucket
This is what the foliage looks like during the summer (same plant).
snowbank

A native orchid, Eulophia graminea, that I found in FL in Jan sent up 3 spikes.
Eulophia graminea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowbank

Hi Karyn,
I found 4 stores that sell 'Snowbank' but I will not post them here because of the patent thing or at least not until I have one. The only one of the variegated brugs that I don't have. I have them just for the foliage also. Blooms would be a plus.
Jerry

o

Jerry what other variegated varieties do you have? There's quite a few.

o

I just have the common ones. Maya, P&C, Miners Claim and Variegata. The only other ones I know of are Fred's Sommers. Know where others can be purchased?

o

Love the look of Snowbanks leaves Karyn. Mine croaked this pass summer, but eventually will get another. Right now I am mostly concentrating in growing veggies.

Jerry, what do you mean "the common ones"! Those are all great variegated brugs!

o

Jerry I assume the regular sources. Most of mine were given to me by friends or through trades.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here