Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Where is everyone?

karyn1
14 years ago

Come on folks I'm stuck inside, bored to tears and there's nothing new to read here.

Comments (25)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Ok, Karyn, I'm off today, I will play. Just went into the greenhouse to take inventory. My tropical plants that I got for $1 a gallon are coming back. I lost all the parrot ginger plants. I planted seeds for stocks, larkspurs, and laurens grape poppys and they are all coming up. 4 of the seeds that Siam sent me are now cannas plants, all have green leaves. All the brugmansia cuttings I got are doing great, except I am having trouble rooting Meadow Princess, and Daydreams. I took off work today to drive down to Rockport, but ther is 90% change of rain, so I decided to just stay home its raining here too. I will go to Lowes today. They had cyclemen plants $2 a gallon, and $.50 a quart last Friday, my green house is full. I am still going to make a cottage garden this year, after I retire. That is what I dream about at night. I only have 34 more working days until I retire. Barbra,

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Hi Karyn,
    Bless your heart, I`ve been watching on the news you guys
    have really got slammed with snow! We have snow here 6-8 in
    but nothing like there.
    I think were all getting cabin fever....
    I`ve been going through seeds to add to the seed box when
    it gets here from BGI.
    Hang in there Spring is on it`s way!

Karen

• knotz
    14 years ago

Hey Karyn...If you get REALLY bored, go to www.pogo.com....They got awesome free games...lol

I'm addicted to yahtzee there.

I'm sorry your still snowed in...We are unseasonably warm here...Wish I could share...They really need snow up north in British Columbia for the Olympics.

Spring's a coming :)

knotz

• haase
    14 years ago

When TV, games, Books and snow shoveling aren't sufficient any more, gee whiz, I would be totally lost! I don't know how to help you out.
    Here's a joke for you:
    Airplane. Turbulence. Fearful passengers. One young woman cries: I don't want to die, help me!.
    Finally she laments: I haven't lived enough yet. I want to feel like a woman before I die, help me!
    Everybody stares at her. Utter silence.
    Finally this hunk of a cowboyboy, muscles, dark brown hair, blue eyes, gets up and walks towards her. Slowly he unbuttons his shirt as he bends down towards her. She gasps.
    He whispers: " Here, iron this shirt and get me a beer!"

Hope it makes you smile.

Hugs
    Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

It is super slow here... I do check in.. I woke up to a bit of snow this morning.. still coming down.. I hope it is not headed your way..

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Gosh, Kylie, not here in Texas. When it snows here they just close down the city. I think no one knows how to drive on it. We never get that much, just an inch or two. I think I have seen snow 4 or 5 times in my life. The last time was in January when I drove down to Rockport, it was snowing when I got there, but melted as soon as it hit the water on the ground. Barbra,

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm Pogo'd out. Sick of TV and I've watched everything on my DVR. I've read 4 books since Sat. Actually I should go to the Sony store and download a couple more. I've planted 10 trays of seeds, potted some baby palms and passies. I've learned more about my kids and their friends then I really want to know. I've never been stuck like this before and just that I know I don't have the option to go anywhere is annoying. I posted a couple pics from yesterday on another thread but here they are again. First is a path the kids shoveled so Bailey could get out. Next is my cat trying to figure out what's on the other side of the sliding glass door.
    {{gwi:27777}}
    {{gwi:27778}}
    This is really an awful lot of snow but at least we never lost power. If I walk out the back door the snow is over my head!

• haase
    14 years ago

I got an idea. I think.
    Learn a new language, or sew a new outfit.
    How about cooking for the neighborhood. That should keep you occupied for a while, ? ? ? ? Have a party.

Pls. consider that I AM oldfashioned. But sometimes that helps.

Hugs
    Ingrid

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid I can't even get to my neighbors house! I'd love to learn how to sew. Unfortunately I can't go out to get any supplies. lol I have to make do with what's available here. I just finished making more cookies : )

• haase
    14 years ago

Ok, I'm trying, I'm trying . . . .
    How about writing down your experience, including the kids on the roof, the vehicles involved, the neighbor's fire, the path for the dogs and the confused kitty-cat, as well as your frustration. Then try to illustrate.
    It could turn out to become an interesting story, that you might even be able to sell. I believe the author Carl Zuckmayer started out like that . . . . .

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Karyn, Your path looks like mine. You mean your kids haven't shoveled you out to go to the mall? LOL

Karen, I have that seedbox. Now if I can just get out to send it on. It was windy last night & it blew a lot of the roads closed again.

DH got called to work today (he was supposed to leave tomorrow). My computer is down & the electric was off.

Linda

• chena
    14 years ago

I still have power /computer but no TV!! Missed the races in Daytona this afternoon..:0(
    Hubby is working out of town... Sooooo..I am probably here for the evening...Still coming down like Crazy.. I know for you Yanks this nothing..LOL but D*mn..
    I had put the box blade on the tractor to clear a spot just to feed the cows!!The feed troughs were full of snow and the mud was ankle deep..WOOHOO!! We have about 6" and is not suppose to stop till midnight..I know Karyn ~Linda BOOHOO!! Poor me..LMAO

Kylie
    {{gwi:456529}}

{{gwi:456530}}

{{gwi:456531}}

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Kylie, those pictures are beautiful, if you had a windmill in them you could sell them on ebay. I am not kidding, I would love to have that first picture on my den wall. Barbra,

• chena
    14 years ago

AWW Thanks Barbara!! I wish someone on ebay would give me some money!!!LOL

Kylie

• figara
    14 years ago

Wow! That's a lot of snow Karyn. How's Kyle holding up? I guess the schools are closed. Hope some sun will come out soon.

Kylie I like your first picture too.

Pat

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Woohoo! The sun compressed the snow quite a bit and the roads are now fairly passable. I'm out of here as soon as the mall opens!

Kylie your poor cows. I hadn't even thought about all the farms around here. I wonder what they did? That pic with the cardinal is beautiful. I usually don't feed the birds because I don't want to attract rodents but they can't find any food so I've been sharing Sunny's birdseed with them.

The kids haven't had school since last Friday and are already off next Mon for President's Day. Tuesday should be their first day back but we'll see. More snow is forecast for Monday!!!!!! I really really hope not!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

We got 10-12 inches here. I get to stay home today because of the snow making the roads impassible. I almost hated to say anything because Karyn has so much of the white stuff, but this is a record snow for us!

Pam

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pam normally if I heard 10-12" that would be a huge amount of snow for us. Now that seems like a dusting. lol

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Karyn, can't suggest what to do to keep your interest during this time. You seem to have done pretty much what I would have done in your place, lol! Hope you have fun at the mall, although it might be a madhouse as everyone is also planning to get out.

Kylie, beautiful!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

This much snow is a historical record for us. I don't live in an area that is known for snow! I've been cleaning and organizing....always something to do in that department!

Pam

• chena
    14 years ago

Pam come over here.. You have seen this place I could use all of that cleaning and organizing..LOL So glad you are at home I was worried you would have to drive in..

Kylie

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Hi Linda,
    I bet you are having lots of fun with the seed box!
    Elizabeth is next after you.
    Stay safe and warm!

Karen

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I'm hoping to get the seedbox out Mon. No more snow! Enough is enough! The trucks are still buried. It has been ready to go all week. This is the 2nd year I've done it. It is so much fun looking up all the goodies I've never heard of. And I saved lots of seeds all year to put in. We did get mail today, I got tomato seeds. Yay!

Linda

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Getting out and shopping was great. It felt wonderful to be out of the house. I spent too much but who cares I wasn't stuck inside. The mall was packed but everyone was in a good mood. It seems that yesterday was the first day out for many people.

I did get mail yesterday but our mailman got stuck on our road. My son and his friend had to dig him and a few others out so I didn't get mail today but the plows finally came thru!!!!!!!!! 2 big a** heavy duty plows scraped our road to the asphalt and they were careful enough not to block anyone's driveway with the plowed snow : ) : ) : )

Pam I wish I had that kind of discipline but straightening up and cleaning were not on my to do list. lol The closest I got to cleaning was doing laundry and the dishes.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Glad to hear you got out of the house, gives a person a
    new lease on life!

Karen