Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Local nursery

Posted by tommysmommy Colorado (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 9:30

I needed a breath of spring yesterday and visited the local nursery where I bought my first brugmansia. Their mother tree was in full bloom, an awesome sight to see. It was encouraging to see the green, the flowers, and know that someday, yes someday, I will see them again at my own home!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Local nursery

Yep, they sure are breathtaking plants. And I love that they grow like a weed, so you can ultimately see blooms in first year. :) I'll be heading to a nursery in next couple of weeks to pick up some rabbiteye blueberries. Brugs already out, except for 3 species. Good luck tommysmommy!

o

Diane
that's the best place to be in the winter, I usually go to the Krohn conservatory, it's in Cincinatti, a whole acre
under glass, it's great, a couple year's ago, I donated
6 big Brugs to them, they featured them in their Summer
show

o

Diane, what color were the brug blooms?

o

This is the peach versicolor tree. It's inside a greenhouse with probably a 20' ceiling, the tree is planted inground, and has a spread of probably 15' all around, and covered in flowers. I really should go take a photo and post it, it's quite a sight!

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 12:47

It sounds amazing Diane.. You should take a pic..I want to see..LOL You too Elizabeth!!

Kylie

o

plantlover,
I KNOW that conservatory!!! I grew up in Cincinnati, and that was my favorite (well, along with the musuem of Natural science) place to go. It most likely instilled my love of gardeniong. What a beautiful conservatory, so glad to hear it is still there :)

o

Kylie
I would love to go there & share Pix, but right now Girl
we're house hunting, we need a 4-5 bedroom, that can be handicapped accessable for my GS, that boy is growing, we also need a good sized family room, before two long, I will load up the kids, I am sure they would love a field trip. I always carry my camera, when I go there
Passion4passies
I think it's been the same for years, the Guy that runs it, is a super nice guy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here