Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sumradagnoth

looking for green on green var. brugmansia

sumradagnoth
13 years ago

Hi not sure if this is the place to post this request, but i am trying to find someone who sells one of the green on green variegated brugmansias... like axelrose, sunsport, etc.

I am in South Florida, but would gladly pay to have a plant shipped.

Thanks much.

Comments (16)

• chena
    13 years ago

You might want to check with Country Gardens.. JT is in Florida..If he doesn't have them I bet he can lead you in the right direction ..www.countrygdn.com
    BTW WELCOME!!

Kylie

• sumradagnoth
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks kylie! i just emailed JT.. hopefully something turns up. :)
    Lee

• chena
    13 years ago

I can give you a bit more info.. BUT I am not allowed to post it here if you send me an email I will gladly share it with you..

Kylie

• sumradagnoth
    Original Author
    13 years ago

k sent. thanks

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

I'll have Axel Rose plants available in late spring. They are very small right now.

I also have a really cool speckled green on green Brugmansia called Freckles that I'll have available this summer.

Fred
    Sommer Gardens

• chena
    13 years ago

I have seen Freckles!! It is very nice!! Fred also has a very fascinating Blog you should check out..

Kylie

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Fred,

Do you have a website? I'd be interested in Freckles when it's available.

Thanks!

Em

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of freckles? I would like to see it before I think really hard about ordering one. Will it take the texas dry heat?
    pa

• chena
    13 years ago

Em Fred's web site is sommergardens.com

PA their may be one on his site if not just ask him.. He is a very nice guy.I have bought from him before and he sends out awesome plants.. You can't go wrong there..

Kylie

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

Thanks Kylie.

Freckles has the most unusual variegation I have seen in a brugmansia. It thrives here in Central Florida so it should do good in Texas.

There are several photos of it in the ibrugs photo gallery linked below.

The blooms on Freckles are not as nice of those of Axel Rose. I would grow Axel Rose even if it did not have the variegation because it blooms like crazy and remains relatively pest free.

Another unusual thing about Freckles is that it produced a couple of seedlings with the same variegation. Unfortunately I lost both of them in the freeze a year ago. I plan to make a bunch of crosses this spring in hopes of finding a few more variegated seedlings.

My new website is being built out now and should have plants available before the end of the month.

Fred

Here is a link that might be useful: Brugmansia Gallery

• chena
    13 years ago

Fred are you going to offer your cross seedlings? or Seed? Just Plants ??

Kylie

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I have Emerald Frost available but it's too cold to ship this time of year without a heat pack.

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

I hope to have a full selection of plants, seeds, and new varieties. So far this winter I have been able to protect all my stock plants from freezing. This means I can pollinate like crazy this spring. I have a bunch of pods hanging from fall crosses, but I find it easier to set pods in Spring. Down here Fall pods tend to be smaller with less seeds than those that set in Spring.

For the past two years I have been able to produce minimal seeds because by the time the plants came back from the freeze and started to bloom, it was already too hot for pods to set.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

I still have my little Freckles plant that I won (with a few other seedlings)from Fred at one of the BGI contests. It was doing good but then we had the horrible freeze last winter so this summer it recouperated some. I have it in a heated greenhouse this winter so it should take off this year. It has really pretty spotting.
    Lenette

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Fred, would you send me your email address? Thanks!

• chena
    13 years ago