Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugmansia Rosalie

Posted by xeriscape8321 Z10 FL Ft. Laud (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 12:02

This is one of my favorite singles out there. Rosalie is a Rothkirch child with the cross being Rothkirch x Ocre. She is a heat loving brug that blooms freely. this is my first bloom and it reminds me why she has been a favorite for years now. Waxy blooms and long tendrils hold up well in inclement weather. She easily sets pods and produces loads of pollen. She has all the charm of Rothkirch (with the baby powder fragrance) without any of the fuss...

Rosalie2

Rosalie1

This was my Rosalie 2 years ago you can see why i will always have this brug in my collection...color can vary (as with most brugs) depending upon the season...

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugmansia Rosalie

Outstanding !!!! Going on my want list,where can I get one?
Dan in Pa.

o

I have to tell you I had a very hard time replacing the one that i lost. Soon However Fred Sommers will be opening up a store where you will be able to purchase some of the best brugmansias out there. I know him so i was able to purchase one pre-opening. I am sure when Sommer gardens has it's official launch you guys will know about. This brug is one of the rare ones, but it is VERY hardy and worth the investment of time and money (fertilizer isn't cheap) to have in your collection. Also Ibrugs members will receive discounts at his store...and he has some beautiful plants. He is a florida grower and gets an early start so robust plants will be available for sale...Rosalie is truly a gem

o

Thanks for the quick reply,I am a member of ibrugs,so I will check it out.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 14:31

That is Beautiful Gary! AND Yes Fred does send Awesome plants!!

o

Oh that is very nice! I also like the dark green leaves. Thanks for sharing.

o

She has some of the most fantastic tendrils out there!
I hope Fred's site is going to sell lots of brugs. He should do very well.
So many sites out there (not just brugs but other tropicals) just have loads of photos and then you practically have to go on a waiting list to get any plants lol.

Fertilizer is plenty cheap around here with all the chickens and bunnies for compost and vermicomposting :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here