Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

Kristy! Question?? :)

sibhskylvr
16 years ago

Kristy

I 'think' something's going on with the Pink Plumeria you sent me!! Am I correct?? :)

Mike

{{gwi:457686}}

Comments (17)

• threas
    16 years ago

OOOOHHHHH! Mike, How exciting! Mine is sooooo slow, doing anything. Not from Kristy though. By the way, How are my nieces & nephews doing? I've lost quite a few cuttings over the last few months, when they were doing so good! Xena is a goner!:^(
    Theresa

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

AWWWWWWWWW Theresa - sorry to hear about 'Xena' - darnit!! I'll have more & you're more than welcome to some! :) Nieces & nephews - FIVE of them!! lol! I'll have to take a few pics with the new camera & post them for you. I'm just now learning the new camera. :) I've not had any plumerias before. Kristy sent me this one in my Secret Santa package. I'm actually surprised it's doing anything! lol! I must have done something right - for a change!! :)

Mike

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Yeah! You have claws! I'm glad its doing well for you. Still hold back on the water until you get some leaves.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

That's actually a new branch sprouting. You'll normally get several (3-6) branches sprouting from a mid-stem cutting and end up with 2 or 3 that will continue to grow. Kristy is correct that the red things are the "claws" and should continue and develop into leaves. Don't be alarmed if some of the claws darken and shrivel. Congrats!
    Karyn

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

Good for you Mike! Congrats! Looks just like a lil crab claw.
    ..i'm jealous..
    Good luck!
    Daniella

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kristy

She's going to town!! lol! I can't believe I've gotten her this far!

Mike
    {{gwi:457688}}

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Congrats, Mike. Good job on the plumie. Lost some of mine during the "winter" but a few are 'think' about putting out some claws. Go easy on the water. These guys rot at the "drop" of a hat (pun intended!) forgive the mixed metaphor!! lol Gloria

• hong2007
    16 years ago

I am sooo jealous! Mine were hollow and mushy. I am not going to play with Plumeria no more.

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gloria & hong!

Then I MUST be doing something right! :) This is my first one & I want to see it BLOOM!! lol!

Mike

• threas
    16 years ago

Congrats, Mike! Looks great! Mine is just sitting there ding nothing. Still green though! Are you planning on getting it outside in the nice weather?
    Theresa

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Theresa

I can put it outside!! lol! Wasn't sure I could do that! I thought it was more of an inside plant. Come on you guys - input here! lol! And Theresa - remember seedling #5? You know - the Versicolor Peach x Herrenhauser Garten?? The seeds you sent me? What a beauty he's turning into! I'll try to get a pic of him in the next day or so & post it for you. :) I'm off to work here in a few & don't have the time to do it right now. :)

Mike

• givelittle_getlots
    16 years ago

thank goodness for google. Cause now I know what a Pink Plumeria is and looks like and I can understand why you want to see it in blooms. Congratulations, looks like you are a proud daddy Mike. *s*

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Mike: The Plumies will Luv your outdoors. You are going to be so addicted, again!!! Talk to Karyn and Kylie about Plumies. They have The Knowledge!! Good Luck, Gloria

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

They are very similar to brugs in care. Wait til they get some leaves before you water too heavy though. Move them outside when you do the brugs. The warmer it is the better the roots will grow and it will take off. Theresa you might want to put yours on a seed mat since you are in a colder zone to kick start the roots. They can take pretty much full sun as long as you put them where they are going to be early on or the leaves will burn like brugs. They don't like being moved a lot either with abrupt changes like being run in and out of the house. Just rotate the pot every so often so it won't grow too much to one side or they will grow with a lean to one side. Looking great so far! When its winter again bring it in and keep it under the grow lights or a south window the first winter if you can then after that you can let it go dormant during the winter.

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hehehe! Very happy that it's made it this far guys! And thanks Kristy - you've most likely made me a 'plumie' (is this really a word?) addict! lol! I'm not sure I can afford another habit!!

Mike

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Lol, I'm just sorry all mine are noids but they are beautiful just the same. If hubby decides to cut the long limb growing sideways on his red one I'll save you a piece. It looks and smells just like red rose petals.

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kristy

Yes! Keep me in mind! :) I don't want to go overboard with them - but I can have a few growing through the summer. I don't see a problem with that - yeah right!! lol!

Mike

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor