Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weebay

help me keep my cuttings going??

weebay
13 years ago

Hi all,

Because of plantlover49's generosity last fall (thanks Elizabeth!), I have some wonderful Brug cuttings. I lost 3 in the beginning, but other wise they have all been pretty healthy all winter long. Since this is my first year with brug cuttings I was pretty happy.

But, now I have some questions. First, I have noticed a few whiteflies, and what I think is whitefly damage. Yellow mottling on the leaves, some with tiny brown spots in the the middle of the yellow mottled area, some leaves are slightly disfigured. Is this due to whiteflies, perhaps? I sprayed in December with some neem oil and soap, and I'll do that again now, and hope that helps. I am open to any other suggestions.

Also currently the cuttings are in 3-4 inch nursery pots. Should I re-pot them in something larger since they have a few more months inside? They are starting to get a lot of growth, do you all normally re-pot up a size?

Thanks in advance, I have really learned a lot this past year from reading this forum, and I am terribly excited to see these cuttings this summer turn into beautiful plants.

-weebay

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996