Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help me keep my cuttings going??

Posted by weebay 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 12:58

Hi all,
Because of plantlover49's generosity last fall (thanks Elizabeth!), I have some wonderful Brug cuttings. I lost 3 in the beginning, but other wise they have all been pretty healthy all winter long. Since this is my first year with brug cuttings I was pretty happy.

But, now I have some questions. First, I have noticed a few whiteflies, and what I think is whitefly damage. Yellow mottling on the leaves, some with tiny brown spots in the the middle of the yellow mottled area, some leaves are slightly disfigured. Is this due to whiteflies, perhaps? I sprayed in December with some neem oil and soap, and I'll do that again now, and hope that helps. I am open to any other suggestions.

Also currently the cuttings are in 3-4 inch nursery pots. Should I re-pot them in something larger since they have a few more months inside? They are starting to get a lot of growth, do you all normally re-pot up a size?

Thanks in advance, I have really learned a lot this past year from reading this forum, and I am terribly excited to see these cuttings this summer turn into beautiful plants.

-weebay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help me keep my cuttings going??

Weebay
just let me know, which one's you lost? it's 38 days till Spring, if the ones you have potted up, are doing well, I would just leave them alone, last year, I had all mine in the ground, the first of April
you're so very welcome, I was really glad too help you out
you might try using Murphy's oil soap mixed with water,1 tsp Murphy's oil soap, then fill the spray bottle up with water for white fly's, it's also good for aphids
Elizabeth

o

Thanks Elizabeth,
Good to know you are able to put them out so early, I wasn't quite sure of that. I know we had a real nice spring last year, I hope this year is the same, especially after this long cold winter.

I believe I lost, salmon perfection, adeline and peaches and creme during the transition into pots. The others are doing really well (aside from my comments above). I am anxious for spring to be here and to get these guys in the ground.
-weebay

o

weebay
as soon as I can put them in the ground, email me, the P&C
is doing great, I will have too check on the others, a lot of mine are coming too life under the lights in the basement.
I am hoping this year, it warms up like last year also
Elizabeth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here