Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT Look at this!

Posted by eloise_ca 10 So. CA (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 28, 10 at 16:37

This is a brug cousin so not totally OT. This is Iochroma Royal Queen sent to me by Kylie last year - thanks! She is blooming, and boy, what a dark 'royal' purple! I just now took the pictures when I spotted the bloom and am so excited!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT Look at this!

Congrats Eloise! It's beautiful! That color is awesome! Thank you for sharing such great pics!

Mike

o

Great color and I like the fluted blooms

o

• Posted by knotz 8/PNW SWWA (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 28, 10 at 18:35

VERY pretty!!

o

Ohhh Eloise, that is a great color. Enjoy your Iochroma!

Ingrid

o

It is purdy purdy :) I really have come to like the iochromas. I have one like yours in the gh somewhere... I hope I can find it in the spring (that will be whenever I decide to drag everything out lol) I am sure it has died back a bunch.
~sjn

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 11:52

I have had several blooming on and off all Winter.. I really love them.. Nice pic's Eloise..That is one of my Fav's

Lanette Nice to see here..☺☺

Kylie

o

Eloise
those are Georgeous,I love the color, you have done well with them
Elizabeth

o

Oh, you have winter blooms. That is one nice thing about the iochromas, they keep blooming. That one is beautiful!

~Brenda

o

Thanks all, I really love the color on it! My larger iochroma has a lighter colored flower, but not blooming right now, go figure. Both are in pots, but I might plant them in the ground come spring. Don't know if the gophers would love the roots so will plant in a deeper pot and cut out the bottom before sinking in the ground.

Thanks again Kylie! BTW, did your m. Williams survive? Mine looks ratty because of winter, but know it will start getting new leaves soon!

o

Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 10:52

It is dormant so it will be a little longer before I can drag them out and see..It was one the cows ate on..but the crom wasn't damaged..

o

Kylie do you happen to have cuttings of the Iochroma? seeds? Marcie

o

Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 14:06

Marcie I don't right now but will probably come Spring/Summer

o

LOL Kylie, your cows have good taste!

o

Beautiful color Eloise !

I have to start growing Iochroma and dats.

Pat

o

I have one of this plant but the flowers are cluster. Thank God it survide the winter frost this year and got quite big. I going to trim it and train it to a small tree like. How do you propagate this plant?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here