Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msbatt_gw

Looking for a Becca Lynn cutting

msbatt
14 years ago

I've lost my Becca Lynn and would love to replace her. Anyone got any cuttings? I moved last fall and don't have any brugs to trade right now, but I do have some Passiflora caerulea cuttings rooted, and some other things.

Comments (12)

• chena
    14 years ago

I wish I could help you out! That is one I lost to the cows a couple of yrs ago and haven't been able to find one..GL LMK if you find a source I would love to replace it as well

Kylie

• msbatt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The COWS ate yours?!?!? I wouldn't have thought a cow would have taken a second bite---brugs taste AWFUL, LOL!

• chena
    14 years ago

They mowed down most of mine a couple of yrs ago.. I told Hubby to fire up the grill and call everyone in the county..LOL STEAK TONIGHT!!!
    Last yr they tore up fence and ate the Banana's ..They are lucky they all have a name and I love them...âºâº
    Can't wait for this yr..Maybe they will help out with the MG's that have taken over..

Kylie

{{gwi:459326}}

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I guess they aren't that easy to shoo away like most animals. lol What kind of cattle do you raise? I have a neighbor that raises sheep and I must admit that it took me a while to be able to get lamb from her. After all I'd take the kids over to play with the newborn lambs but I did get over it. Yummy! lol Not sure I'd have been able to do it if they'd been mine though.

• chena
    14 years ago

Beef Cows ... We don't eat ours I shop at the market for meat..LOL Ours steers go to auction that is hard enough.. We keep the little heifers for breeding..I've never had lamb.. I've had goat before..

• msbatt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wouldn't be able to eat calves or lambs I'd raised, either. But if I had a rifle, there'd be some rabbit and squirrel stew going about now...

• chena
    14 years ago

I have never have either but I hear Rabbit Stew is to die for..

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I occasionally buy rabbit at the market but as soon as the family finds out what kind of meat it is there's a problem. I could never shoot an animal or send it to be butchered, especially one I raised. I don't even step on most bugs but I have no qualms about eating meat that someone else has killed : ) I usually make Hasenfeffer which is a German rabbit stew and is delicious. The last time I fed it to DH and the kids I of course told them it was a chicken stew but when they finished I fessed up that it was rabbit. DH blew chunks. lol I just don't get it. He enjoyed the meal as long as he thought it was chicken.

• chena
    14 years ago

LMAO!!

• msbatt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn, I have a friend like that. His brother is a big deer hunter, and when Tommy and I were rooming together his brother would give us venison. Tommy refused to eat it, so I...just wouldn't tell him. (*grin*) He ate a LOT of venison chili, roasts, etc. and loved every bite.

• sekhment
    14 years ago

you guys crack me up lololol I am the same way about deer, I cant eat it buy im sure I have been tricked before lolol I think I watched Bambi to much as a kid lolol
    Cassie

• karyn1
    14 years ago

My DH will eat venison as long as it's not often. He doesn't have the same aversion to it as other game meat. I remember the first time I gave Madi (my DD) venison. She was about 3. After we finished eating I told her that she just ate Bambi. She came back with "Bambi tastes good." I almost fell on the floor. lol