Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a few blooms

Posted by jlgarden 8 Austin (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 17:37

With temp got to 31F for only one night this winter, all my tropical are staying outside most the time. I also want to grow this one to become tree form (in pot) with ticker and stronger trunk. Any advice to do so? Thanks in advance.
Mark

Photobucket

This one was dug from the ground before winter. No bloom but has some new growth.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a few blooms

Looks like you're on your way! Thicker and stronger trunks come with age and maturity! it will get bigger as your season progresses. Can you plant it inground? It will really take off if you can. It's roots will grow down deeper and the plant will increase in size. Best wishes! Fine job!:)

o

Mark, congrats on the care of your brugs. Won't be long before they shoot up and give you plenty of blooms. As Kathy said, if you plant in the ground, they really can take off.

o

Great pictures!! I see you have papayas growing, mango and chirimoya? Thanks for sharing. Marcie

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 16:53

Nice!!! Looks Great!

Kylie

o

Thank You everyone.
I thought I have done the plant a favor by moving it to a sunny spot. Well, this is what happened after a windy day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also planted the larger Brug. in ground last May after moving into this place. The strong wind also did the same damage to it. May be this is an excuse for a new green house. haha.

Wow, marcie, you spot that cherimoya hiding behind the mango seedling. It was one of three seedlings I tried a cleft graft with Atemoya last year and all failed. The mango is Nam Doc Mai. The two Red Lady papaya and three Sun Gold F1 will go in ground next month. The one in the black pot is a grafted pomelo onto a pomelo seedling that I did 2 years ago. Those on the patio are citrus, sugar apple, guava, DR and tropical.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here