Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Just got back from Lowes!

honeybunny2 Fox
14 years ago

I can't belive how cheap they have their cyclamen plants, the gallons are $1.07, they have at least a hundred plants. For the folks, in San Antonio, that was at the RIM Lowes. I have no more room in the geenhouse. I was hoping to find shrubs, marked down, but they just had cyclamen, pansies, orchids, and lemon trees. I wish this cold wet weather would go away. I think I will go outside to see if there are blooms on that mesquite tree. I can hardly wait until spring. Barbra

Comments (12)

• chena
    14 years ago

I'm Jealous!!!!! Not squat here..

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

I'm in southern Ontario, Canada. This past weekend it was bitterly cold. Only a fool would have been out in that weather.

Well, our local Lowes had staff drive thru the neighborhood to hand out free pots of tulips. It was a real surprise. I thought it was someone wanting to sell me somethig like a vacuum cleaner.

They brighten up our cold dreary days.

:)

• chena
    14 years ago

OMG!! How cool was that!!! What color did your get?!!
    AGAIN.. SO JEALOUS!!!!
    Ya'll!!! LOL

Kylie

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good buys Barbra!
    GTG, that was a great move by Lowes! Lots will remember it come spring and shop there.

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

They are red.

They sure do brighten up the day.

forgot to mention that they also gave us a $15 gift card that you can use when you spend over $100.

:)

• haase
    14 years ago

None of that would ever happen here, where its warm all year round, more or less, and plants can be sold and planted most any time. That was a super Valentine's present for you.

Ingrid

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Go ahead Ingrid, rub it in. lol Barbra enjoy the new plants.

• retsec
    14 years ago

I got a whole rack of plants from Lowes a couple of weeks ago for $20.00. I got several flats of petunias, 18 quarts of the cyclemen, a couple of orchids, 11 hanging baskets of pansies, some houseplants, and several other things. Sometimes they give you a great price and other times they want more than they are worth. These were all in pretty good shape. Wish they would mark the lady slipper orchids down some. I'm dying for these but hate to spend too much because I've never grown orchids before this year.

• chena
    14 years ago

Ya'll are killin me!!!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn, I know you are not going to believe this, but I did not buy any plants. I just bought ant killer. I have no room. I just put that out there, so that the folks in the San Antonio area would know about it. If it ever stops raining in Rockport, we can go down to plant some of the plants that can go down to 30 degrees. I will have to wait another month before I can put out the tropicals, and brugmansia plants. Barbra,

• green_thumb_guy
    14 years ago

Ingrid,

Interesting trade off....

warm sunny skies versus cold, windy snowy, icy dull dark days and a pot of red tulips.

Bummer for me. I'd certainly love to be living in a green green world.

Time to crawl back into my hole and finish hibernation

:)))

• haase
    14 years ago

OK Honeybunny, now you know for sure what the 16 ft trailer will be good for. To haul all those plants your'e gonna buy
    come spring. Make sure hubby loads the trailer full to the brim, to prove a point to you.

Ingrid