Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xeriscape8321

Brumansia Samba Dancer

xeriscape8321
13 years ago

Another stunning cultivar curtesy of the hybridizing skills of Monika Gottschalk. The cross is Carmencita x Ecuador Pink.

The flowers hang down pendant style. The long tendrils are emphasized by the extra ruffly skirts. Depending on the weather the blooms can mature to champagne color or they may stay pure white. There are four more buds to open up soon...One of the prettiest flowers i have come across in a while.

{{gwi:459848}}

{{gwi:459850}}

{{gwi:459851}}

Comments (18)

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

So pretty, and I really like its name!

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

here are a few more of these spectacular blooms

{{gwi:459852}}

{{gwi:459854}}

{{gwi:459856}}

• marquest
    13 years ago

Simply Marvelous!!!!

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had one tube of pollen from a Rosalie bloom that bloomed the week before. I hit the three blooms you see in the picture with Rosalie pollen and it looks like they may all have taken...don't want to count my chickens before they hatch though....i have had developing pods drop off before so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

{{gwi:459858}}

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Nice! Is it a difficult one to get pods on like Lemon Meringue is?

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Great blossoms! Looks like they'll take. Good for you!
    kasha77

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sultry, I don't think Lemon Meringue is difficult to get pods on. I had a couple on her when i was growing her a few years ago (i just got a new one though). The brug that i usually have the most difficulty with is MEM...Miss Emily is real stingy with her pods....Samba Dancer here, i had just enough pollen to hit 3 blooms....and each of them seem to have taken... :)

• fengshui05
    13 years ago

That's a really nice one!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

I have had a few on MEM as well but she isn't easy. I have a nice cross of her and Ludger's Windsong. It made a very large single orangish colored bloom about the same size as MEM's. Only a few blooms before frost though. I hope it keeps that color once it is recouperated this spring.

Most of my Lemon Meringue pods always fall off. Only had a few that didn't. I will have to light some candles and play something romantic for her next time I guess LOL.

• chena
    13 years ago

I got a couple of pods on MEM yr before last.. They were open pollinated.. I think I have a several left.. I didn't grow them out.. I gave them away.. She seems to like it here.. A Good One!!

Kylie

• newguy4
    13 years ago

real pretty,but the real question is how would it taste with a nice dried tomato and rice stuffing. yum yum

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

We got a joker here, guys! Hey Samba Dancer is be-a-u-ti-ful. I'm kinda coveting it right now.

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's true. MEM does best with open pollinated seed pods....but i just cut them off as soon as i see that it's happening.....no time to play around with open pollinated seed pods. i would rather let my plant use it's energies to develop the pods that i want it to develop to maturity

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

She is now sitting with 3 Rosalie pods.....I'm hoping for the best!!

{{gwi:459860}}

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Congrats, will be great to see her progress!

• xeriscape8321
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Both of these brugs do extremely well here in south florida. So hopefully the seedlings will be some very heat tolerant babies.
    I always have to take that into account. Having been growing brugs for almost six years now i have had more than my share of failures because some brugs that do great up north just can't handle the summer heat and frost free winters...believe me...it has been an expensive trial and error education

• rmbill
    13 years ago

Kylie,
    Do you still have any pods from MEM? Open pollinated wouldn't bother me. Pollination is all just a guessing game anyway. You might have a masterpiece there. The only way to know is to grow it out. I'm willing. If you have any left please send one and I'll send the postage. Thanks for the plant.
    Bill

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH