Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Hello All!!

Central_Cali369
14 years ago

Hello everyone! Man, I have been away for such a long time! It's always nice to come and read all of the posts!

As for me, it seems we had a very short winter, but we did have a very cold night that took a heavy toll on tender plants. The official temperature for my city was 27F, but judging by the damage sustained by some plants, it had to have been a lot colder. My brugmansias, for example, lost 2-year old wood, which is very unusual. Other plants that were supposed to have withstood temperatures down to 20F without any damage took heavy damage from that one freeze event. Luckily, that was all in December and it seems we're out of the tunnel this year! I took out some potted brugs last week and they're leafing out beautifuly. Other projects that were under way since fall have finally been completed! & today I spent the day doing some cleaning and harvesting the last of the passionfruit. Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy:

Grevillea Coastal Gem

{{gwi:461831}}

A couple of different roses

{{gwi:461832}} {{gwi:461833}} {{gwi:461834}}

Sea Lavendar

{{gwi:461835}}

Arbutus Marina

{{gwi:461837}}

Ostespermum

{{gwi:461838}}

Gazania

{{gwi:461840}}

A couple of out-of-season petunias

{{gwi:461842}}

Tecomaria Capensis

{{gwi:461843}}

Callistemon Citrinus

{{gwi:461844}}

An Apricot Blossom

{{gwi:461845}}

Mixed Succulents (Euphorbia Polygona, Aptenia, Sedums & Echeverias). Also, Erica Mamossa blooming the the back

{{gwi:461846}}

My first attempt at mass propagation of succulents from leaves. Let's hope it's a success!

{{gwi:461847}}

Have a blessed Day!

Josh

Comments (6)