Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugmansia Velvet Rose

Posted by arghyagardengirl 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 23:48

If you're looking for a Brug that pumps out blooms non-stop, Velvet Rose is the Brug for you. She continuously flushes throughout the year here in Florida, with only about three weeks between flushes when the weather cooperates. A fast grower that produces hundreds of blooms on a large tree. One of my favorites and a JT Sessions hybrid.

Brugmansia Velvet Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugmansia Velvet Rose

Very nice. This is definitely what I am looking for, blooms, blooms and more blooms and a fast grower too, sounds like a winner to me! Looking forward to your store opening and hoping this will be there. My list grows longer every day.

Lizann

o

This was always a favorite of mine as far as massive flushes of blooms......lost her a few years ago though...now i am growing her sister Santa Rosa to see how she lives up to the family reputation

o

Very lovely. I will wait and dream till summer, and then enjoy and post pics of my babies. Thanks!
Diane

o

This is so beautiful. Does anyone know where I can purchase seeds. Having a hard time finding a good supplier of Brug seeds.

o

I really like this one but have never had great success with it. It's something to do with me as I know people locally that it does beautifully for. I also got my cutting from someone local. There's some brugs that should be easy that I can't grow to save my life.

o

Does anyone know where I can get Velvet Rose from a reliable seller? I don't trust one of the seller's on eBay with a current listing. If anyone has cuttings, I would be glad to pay for both the cutting and postage.

Thanks!
Carol in Jacksonville

o

Sommergardens is a good seller, and they sell on e-bay, that's how I got two from them. They sell both plants and seeds. I don't know if they have Velvet Rose, but they have a lot of really nice ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: sommergardens

o

arghyagardengirl,

I was going through some old posts again. Your photo is so lovely. I have a question. You said, "only about three weeks between flushes when the weather cooperates." What is the weather like when it cooperates? Are you referring to no freezes? Rain? Sun? Something else?

Thanks!
Carol

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Fri, May 3, 13 at 21:11

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here