Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperately looking for Brugmansia ‘Bebe’

Posted by davidwv z6SouthernWV (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 0:05

I know that this is not the appropriate Forum to post this request in, but I want to make sure as many people as possible see this request, so please excuse me doing so.

I know for sure that I had shared this brug with a person at BGI a few years ago. I am still waiting to hear back from them. I can’t remember if I shared it with anyone at ABADS or not. If you may happen to have it or know of anyone who does have it PLEASE let me know.

It is a very sentimental brug; I won’t go into details here and now. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this post.

Below is a face shot of the flower.

Bebe front view Copyrighted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperately looking for Brugmansia ‘Bebe’

David, I never heard of your Bebe but wish you luck in locating it. Look at those cute pigtails!
~Brenda

o
RE: Desperately looking for Brugmansia ‘Bebe’

Brenda, thank you for taking the time out to respond to my post. She does have cute little pigtails doesn't she? That is the main attribute that I wanted to breed for with her. But if she is lost to the brug world we will not have her genes to work with.

It is so sad that we are always looking for the newest and best brug for our collection when there are many older cultivars that have nice attributes that we could use to breed into the newer brugs.

Also, please notice in the picture that she has deep sinus notches in the edge of the bloom. Arborea is one of the brugs that has this attribute.

I have tried emailing the person that I know had her last, but no response.

There may be a slight chance that I know of one other person who may have her. Say a little prayer for me please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here