Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainydaywoman_z8

Brugmansia cutting

rainydaywoman_z8
14 years ago

I live in Eugene, Or, & have found it impossible to find a fairly-priced brugmansia, even at the big box stores. Does anyone have a brugmansia cutting I could buy? The only thing I have for trade at present is white datura metel seeds. They are actually easy to start & the plant grows approx 4 ft tall and wide.

I purchased cuttings from an online nursery last year & followed directions, planting them in potting mix under lights. (They rotted & died.) Now I realize they should have been rooted in water, as I see you forum members doing. I have been longing for a brug for so long---hope I am lucky.

Comments (6)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Hi. Unfortunately most of us cut our brugs back in the fall and they are just now coming out of dormancy. You might be able to find a cutting from someone in a warm zone or maybe someone has extra cuttings from the fall but you can also find very reasonably priced cuttings on Ebay, especially if you aren't looking for one of the newer cultivars. You can find rooted plants as well. An Ebay seller by the name of dogwooderitternet has a few rooted varieties for sale now, $4 for single varieties, $7 for doubles. His plants are healthy and a good size for the price and his shipping is quite reasonable.

• wpirvine
    14 years ago

I trimed my Halo Peach yesterday and my husband threw those away. I do my triming today too. If you want some cuttings I could help you. I have Halo peach and unkown giant white pendulum kind.
    I rarely do trading nowadays because of the rising postage. Let me know if you are interested.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

wpirvine I would be interested in trading with you, I can pay postage, or we can exchange plants right now I have a seedling of Bird of paradise pride of barbedoes seedling of datura maybe dble yellow or dble purple I also have few seeds of dble yellow datura and maybe dble purple seeds,Castor bean seeds, few seedlings of guava can we trade? Please. Marcie. Rainydaywoman maybe later on this year I could exchange with you some cuttings? right now my brugies(3) are way too young to do cuttings. Marcie

• chena
    14 years ago

Hey send me an email.. I didn't find any way to contact you!

Kylie

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

rainy, I have had great success with cuttings from eddiedewayne on ebay. He sent nice long cuttings that are now planted, and have since received another order. Good luck.

• rainydaywoman_z8
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the replies, & sorry it took so long for me to reply. I'll try the E-Bay listings you mentioned, and then if Marcie New remembers later in the season, perhaps we could trade or whatever. Maybe I'll get lucky this time in my brug-growing.

Spring is actually here, and I have a big box from Gilbert & Son sitting on my front deck, full of hosta, daylilies, Asiatic & Oriental lilies, and grasses to plant!