Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Names

karyn1
16 years ago

OK folks I know that some of you don't want personal info online but please use your names, or make one up. I'd much rather call someone Joe or Sally then their GW username, especially if it's long and difficult to shorten. It feels weird calling someone kentuckyfriedpuppy095 instead of Beth or whatever name you chose. Maybe I'm just weird.

Karyn

Comments (59)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

Mike your doggies are gorgeous. I love how thier individual personalities are all coming across in the photos.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know anyone with that UN and honestly don't know why I came up with it. Too many drugs in my youth, who knows. lol I know the names of many of you all but like Plantlover49 and greenthumbs2000 it's much easier for me to write Elizabeth and Belle. Thanks :)
    Karyn

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mike I didn't realize what your UN stood for until someone mentioned something a few months ago. Your dogs are beautiful. I hate when my oldest son sees your photos because then I have to listen to an hour of "Why can't we get a huskey?" He's wanted one for years.
    Karyn

• jas4141
    16 years ago

Makes sense to me to have "the real name" when addressing people on the forum. I just forget to put it in most of the time.

Jarie

• vaskirt
    16 years ago

ednam ... is Edna .. had to add a letter because there was already an Edna.. so I added M for my last name..

Mike.. the last pic with him smiling is so sweet.

• Central_Cali369
    16 years ago

Josh here. I have no imagination when coming up with usernames haha.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Josh. Yours was the one that was driving me crazy everytime I wanted to comment about your pics or respond to a post. lol Talk about no imagination for usernames, look at mine : )
    Karyn

• bonnie12210
    16 years ago

Mike you just have to see this I have the chance to get him,I am still thinking about it because,he likes me and is not real crazy about anyone else,I have grandbabies so I have to figure this out carefully.He is part timber wolf anf huskey.SOOOOOO beautiful.

{{gwi:462757}}

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

talk about no imaginagtion, I have none. Growing up my family called me MayMay (that spelling was already taken) My name is really Mary (named after generations full of Marys)

It also took me a while to figure out Mike's name but then when I did it was like a well duh moment.

Mike I had a husky briefly, she was crazy. I found her roaming my neighborhood (well inside my garage) So I called animal control. I called everyday checking on her I just new she had an owner she was gorgeous! Well finally they told me they were going to take her to the big pound (most likely be put down) so I went and bailed her out. She ended up having heart worm that I had treated. She was a wonderful dog while someone was home with her but the moment anyone left she was terror and she loved to escape. I had to chase her for about 5 miles after one of her treatments I was so scared she was panting so hard I thought she was going to stop breathing. Long story short my step father fell in love with her so she went out to the country to live where she had room to run.

sorry didn't mean to get so far off topic.
    Mary

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

okay, okay....so, I'll quit callin' myself kentuckyfried... :)

Beth ...or...(Happy) or..... ...better quit while I'm ahead!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry I forgot that there was really someone named Beth on the forum. lol
    Karyn

• karmahappytoes
    16 years ago

I'm karmahappytoes!! k for short?

• chena
    16 years ago

Bonnie out here we call that a Hybrid.... They can be great pets.. just don't keep chichen around...LOL
    Mike Iunderstood your name right after I saw the Christmas card... I had a Husky yrs ago.. Her name was Seenyee (sounds like Sinya)Russian for dark blue.. I ended up losing her ..Yours are Beautiful!!!!
    Linda (napdognewfie) I got that right away...LOL I had a Newfie yrs ago also.. He was one of the very best dogs I have ever had..Never see them out here.. Guess it is to hot..
    Kylie here...

• threas
    16 years ago

.....And I'm like" What the he** is a sib-h-sky-lover!!!! LOL
    Mike, I thought maybe you liked to skydive!!! DUH!!! Of course it made perfect sense after I found out!LOL

I like people to call me Threas( rhymes with peace, not Trees) for short, instead of Terri. The spelling should be "Theresa without the A", but then that spells "there's"! So I spelled it how it sounded?!:)

Theresa

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

OMG! CC-Josh, I always assumed you were a woman!! LMAO! I'm sorry!

Theresa, I always pronounce yours like 'Three-As'. Now that you said how you meant for it to be, it just ain't right, lol.

Mike, your dogs are beautiful!

Mary, same here..Daniella is obviously my name, but the 'Lell' part is part of my nickname since I was little. My brother couldnt say my name right. then it went to "Lell-A-Bird". I don't know how the bird got in there? Think it was my uncle, I remember he always used to say that lil sing-song to me.. Instead of 'birdy birdy' it was "Lell-A-Birdy in the sky, why'd you do that in my eye"
    Don't know, but I am 31, and that's what they all still call me, and I like it, lol.

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

ok Daniella since you confessed I will too, I thought Josh was a woman, so sorry Josh.
    My oldest Daughter is Jessica Danielle I keep trying to get her to go by Daniell, she hates the name Jessica because there are so many. When her friends get together there is a Jessa, Jessie, and Jessica and they all answer to Jess! So confusing.

And I have learned that if my family calls asking for MayMay they want something and not to answer the phone.

For some weird reason I don't know why, my kids call me Memsie, not as much now that they are older but I have decided if I ever have grand kids that is what they will call me.

Mary

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Thanks all for the compliments on the 'kids.' lol! Vacation day - today & tomorrow! Yay! Hopefully can catch up on all the postings on three different foums, emails, dmails, etc.

Sultry

They each have their own personality - trust! :)

Karyn

If I were closer & had some puppies - I'd make sure your oldest would have one. With your permission of course! :)

Edna

He only smiles at me! :)

Bonnie

He's a beaut!! :) Beautiful eyes! And he looks very well-nourished & stocky! Take into consideration the grand-kids before you take him home with you!

Mary

Bravo for you! It pleases me & makes me happy to no end when someone does what you did! And I know 'she' appreciated it very much! :)

Kylie

Time to get another??

Threas

Skydive?? No way! I have a hard enough time just walking sometimes! lol!

Mike

• lovelyiris
    16 years ago

Is there ANYONE on this forum that doesn't know my name. Seems like I always close my post or response with my name. LOL

Who am I?

What I hate is when you get something in the mail and you have no ideal who that person is because they didn't include their U.N. with the package. I know several Mary's, Karens, Debbie's, Mike and so forth. At my age it will make you pull all your hair out. Maybe that's why I'm balding. LOL

Happy Gardening Ya'll.

• geosdee
    16 years ago

OK mine is kinda corney. Geo (George) is hubby. He always says I am his so I am geosdee = Dee

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's not corney, it's cute.
    Karyn

• wildflower
    16 years ago

That is cute Dee... Mike, your babies are beautiful. In case anyone doesn't know, I'm Michelle.

• rialira
    16 years ago

KENTUCKYFRIEDPUPPY

please, PLEASE call me that from now on. I shall henceforth respond to NO OTHER NAME.

yours truly,
    kentuckyfriedpuppy.

• onesimus
    16 years ago

My wife who's Asian, calls me Sum Ting Wong.
    Y'all can call me Kel.
    Kelvin

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

I get called a lot of things. They'd ban me if I posted them. (grin)

"dweeb" works

kentuckyfriedpuppy092 checkin' in! (grin)

• rigo74
    16 years ago

Hey dweeb! Whats your name stand for (technodweeb)?

Im not good with names and my brian is starting to hurt, I think I'm going to pass out.LOL

Rigo

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

"techno" as in technology

"dweeb" as in I don't get it. (grin)

I've had that moniker for almost 2 decades now. Way back when I took my first, fully functioning, absolutely nothing wrong with it, computer apart. (grin)

Was so lost and confused when I first started, and after I started digging, taking stuff apart, etc., it was all over for me. I was hooked. And it does nuthin' but get WORSE from there.

LOL

Hey, if I could find a way to make another living, I would. Somehow I don't think I can pay for my brugs with "Is that for here or to go?" or "Would you like to super size that?"

But, I'm not qualified to do anything else. (sarcastic grin)

It pays the bills and keeps me in brugs.

• rigo74
    16 years ago

Dweeb - Well I had the first part right (computers & stuff).Well the dweeb part just did'nt click you know: (THE LIGHTS ON BUT NOBODYS HOME) well this can be me at times. LOL

Rigo

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

LOL rigo

• rialira
    16 years ago

hey techno, what do you do for a living?

I've built dozens of computers over the last six years, and I'm pretty sure I've landed a job with geek squad.

on a side note, I'm also swimming in video game consoles and I've hacked/modded most of them, LOL. I also have a reputation for fixing and macgyvering various electronics. it's fun being a nerd, and it's in my blood. there's actually a picture of me, so young I could barely stand, drawing pictures with the mouse on an '85 mac.

so it's neat to talk to other nerds :)

Ri

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ri,
    Your post just made me feel very old. We didn't even have computers in college (graduated in 85). When I was young a computer was the size of a tractor trailer. And I'm not that old!!!!!
    Karyn

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Thanks all, for saying your real name. One more step, please. When you post, please sign your name at the end so that we who are limited of brain and cannot recall this string, will know your name.

Jim

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    16 years ago

My name is Dave and I'm in Northern Virginia!

There -- I'm sure that cleared up the big mystery! LOL!

~Dave

• honeybunny2 Fox
    16 years ago

My user name is the nickname my husband calls me. I wanted to pick honeybunny, but it was already taken so I am honeybunny 2. Barbra,

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Ria:

Right now - I've migrated to app dev because I got tired of running IT. (Wanted a life!)

As I said, if I could get out of the rat race, I would. (grin) But I'm not qualified to do anything else.

Congrats on the job! I hope you do very, very well! Sounds like you've found the perfect spot for you! Keep us updated, ok!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dave- duh! lol UN's like yours and mine are pretty self explanatory.
    Karyn

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Oh man, my sweetie pie told me tonite the guy across the street "dabbles" in databases, and said "he took a couple classes" and wanted to know how hard it was because he figured he could work on that on the side.

I just said "oh that's nice."

And THEN Sweetiepie told me he told the guy "well, she's certified and does app dev with that stuff full time, but she could mentor you."

I just looked at him. I didn't realize the look on my face and he blurted "I'M KIDDING, I WASN'T SERIOUS!"

Holy moley, guess I need to work on my poker face, huh?

Ya know what? "Would you like fries with that?" or "Is that for here or to go?" doesn't sound too bad right now. . . .(sarcastic grin)

• katliketheef
    16 years ago

Was gonna start a new thread later on tonight, but figured I could just introduce myself here instead lol

My name is Jennifer and I'm gonna try my best to be a little more active around here =)

Katliketheef is the name of a song, just spelled incorrectly.

• chena
    16 years ago

Okay Karen I just read you OLD thing... PAAALEEESE!!!!
    Kylie Having 4 grandbabies and graduated LONG before 85.. I did have a computer in 85 and it was hugh!
    Thanks for clearing that up Dave...LOL I am dieing to see some new pics of your yard!
    Kylie

• wolfen
    16 years ago

My name is Sandra,... The "wolfen" thing is from way back , when we had wolf dog cross's. We have had some unusual things living here. I've bottle fed coyotes , racoons, and possums, hand fed crows, along with orphaned domestic creatures. It's always been a bit on the wild side here. Just last year , I received a call at work, from the vice principle at the sr. high school where our daughter attends(10th grade) asking me if I knew she brought her iguana to school. He thought it was hilarious, but explained that at least one of her teachers was not pleased. He let her be excused from class to take it home. (She had been sneaking it to school off and on for the last 2 years, but it had grown so long , that his tail was escaping out of the bottom of her hoodie and was hanging down past her knee.) Anyway, the name wolfen has stuck for many years. I used to buy personalised license plates that said WOLFEN , but prices have gotten to high for that this year..... My main hobbies are raising canaries,and a few other types of birds, beadwork, house and yard plants,( vines and bamboo ) taking care of 2 small ponds, fish- inside and out. I have 6 children, all but 1 is grown and fledged. 6 grandchildren that I adore, and the most patient loving husband. I work part time at U-Haul, and love it. ( My social escape is work.)
    Any way, Sandra is my name, and I share my home with human and non human creatures. Brugs included.

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

welcom Sandra you will fit right in. It seems everyone on this forum takes in strays of all kinds, plants and animals. Can I count my teenagers as a stray? I only see them when their social calenders allow???

Mary

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Lol, Ria made me feel old too. I had my first child in 1985. Welcome to all the new folks. You all sound like a lot of fun. We hope you keep posting. I told you my name (Kristy) but didn't tell you where my screen name came from. My best friend used to always call me fool all the time like a playful insult so I have always been Fool4 something flowers or fishing or whichever hobby forum I am on then hubby stole my Fool4Fishing name and I became Wishing4Fishing on that forum and still use my Fool4Flowers on here, lol.

• jas4141
    16 years ago

Several days ago, I identified myself as Jarie but realized that I didn't explain my screen name as some of you have.

Well you see...jas....are my initials and 41/41 is my birthdate so no need for me to say how long ago I HAD babies. Four of them, married a second time so have 21 grandkiddos between us. I share a birthday with Mike and Marian.....and with another local friend who has the same birthday, I find that gardening is definitely in the blood of April Fools' babies. We'd rather garden than dust!!

Happily retired and growing brugs in south Texas. Deal with the wind & heat but don't have to drag my brugs in during the winter. Just have to pray for no long freezing conditions. Short periods ( a few hours) don't hurt my brugs at all. In fact they love the cooler temps.

Been growin' brugs now for about 5 years now, learn something new everyday but love every minute of it.

Don't get into GW as often as I'd like but love it when I come. You are a wonderful, sharing group.

Here we are....not the best picture in the world (taken on a recent cruise we took) but better than nothing.

Jarie

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:462758}}

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi & welcome Jennifer and Sandra. I think that a love of animals and plants is a pretty common thread between many of us. My friends call my house the neighbrhood petting zoo. lol
    Karyn

• thistle
    16 years ago

My name is Carol.I am Scottish, therefore Thistle seemed appropriate.

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Def. my UN shows a lack of imagination ... GH are my initials!! You can call me as many things as you like (but Never late to a meal!!!) LOL. Gloria

• katliketheef
    16 years ago

Lol Gloria...I think if it confuses people than it doesn't show lack of imagination, and you sure had me confused until now..
    Def. an animal lover here, too...I've got two cats and a dog, though Dee Dee is the only one living with us for the time being...Kiba and my dog, Blaze, are at my parents house. My husband doesn't know what he is in for once we get a house lol...Dogs, cats, plants...he thinks its bad now? Phht. =)
    This is Dee Dee, she's 13.
    {{gwi:462768}}
    And this is Kiba. She'll be 4 this year.
    {{gwi:462769}}

And if Ria made some people feel old, I just won't tell ya'll how old I am! Lol..Lets just say there aren't any pictures of me from '85.

Jennifer

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

With all the new people showing up - thought it was time to 'bump' Karyn's original thread. :) Welcome everyone! (I've actually 'clipped' it this time!)

Mike

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

I too like when people sign with their real name. As much as I like saying "Sultry", I enjoy knowing "Lenette"... it makes the person seem more real.

Mine is kind of easy, since you already know that my name is Bob. Lopaka Mikale is my Hawaiian name... Robert Michael. No, I am not Hawaiian, just a wannabe. When I chose my UN, for GW, I was interested in the Plumeria forum. My wife was already using her Hawaiian name... Laula Ane... for one of her email accounts, so I figured what the heck. I love Hawaii, Plumeria, and the whole Hawaiian, tropical gardening thing. Wish I could live there. I just keep trying to make my yard feel like I do live there.

On the Plumeria forum, we are even putting faces to the names... hmmm... something to think about?

• threas
    15 years ago

Actually, Bob. We had a thread with faces last winter. Why don't you start a new one?

Theresa

• hong2007
    15 years ago

Karyn, I almost change my screen name before I read this posts! I was wanted some thing cool like Sultry purple sky ;) I had always like Lenette's screen name.
    I guess I just stay with Hong2007 , since you like my unimaginative screen name.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County