Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
collielover

ordering advice please

collielover
13 years ago

Hello, has anyone had good luck ordering from the UK? A couple of years ago I asked about buying a plant from Thialand and Karen said bad, bad, bad, idea and I was happy for the advice.

Is it easy to get a brug from the UK? Thanks for any info. Cindy

Comments (9)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I wasn't even aware of any UK brug nurseries that sold to the US. It would have to be bareroot and expedited shipping might be prohibitive. I know two people that have traded brug cuttings with someone in the UK and everything went well. I have traded seeds with a couple people in the UK with no problem. I didn't go thru legal channels and get a permit or anything, just regular air mail.

I've never heard of any brug sellers in Thailand but am aware of orchid, plumeria and hoya sellers of whom I've heard mixed results.

• chena
    13 years ago

What are you buying?
    I have bought Plummies from a guy in Thailand.. They were really nice and I was able to split the certificate cost if I froward a box on and he sent a few extra for that.. Worked out good for me.. postage for it was already on the box.

Kylie

• collielover
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kylie, I was looking at wopperstolz, its on ebay and I have loved it forever. I never thought to see it for sale and I was hopeing it was easy to get a plant from the UK

• chena
    13 years ago

Who is the Seller? A reputable ones name should be familiar to someone here.. IF not I would say Buyer Beware.. The thing with Brugs is you don't know what you really have till it Blooms.. Trust ME I learned that the hard way..LOL Never buy from someone you are unfamiliar with or you can't get a Thumbs Up referral from someone else.. Not everyone in the world is honest!!

Kylie

• collielover
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's petertopping24, anyone know about this seller?

• chena
    13 years ago

I don't.. Perhaps someone else does

Kylie

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I've never heard of them but their feedback is good and that's a gorgeous brug. If the price isn't unreasonable it might be worth the risk. I'd ask if they are going to supply a phytosanitary certificate and if the cost is included in the auction price. If the plant is expensive and you don't have one you run the risk of it being confiscated by customs. I don't worry about "being legal" when trading seeds or cuttings overseas but I would think about it if I'm going to be shelling out $$

• chena
    13 years ago

I just thought of something.. I have a friend in the UK named Pete.. You might want to ask if he is a member of BGI ,iBrugs or anyplace like that. Ask what his user name is.. the guy I know uses Tropical_Pete.. If that is who it is He is a great guy.. I'd trust him..

Kylie

• collielover
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank-you again for all the advice it is much appreciated:)