Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out of the dark and into the windows

Posted by tommysmommy Colorado (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 10:09

I took my 5 brugs out of their winter slumber. The larger ones had bits of green showing already. I am very afraid my smallest 2 died over the winter though. Their soil mixture seems to be very loose and probably didn't hold the moisture like the big ones, so I'm not counting on them to come back. That will bring me down to 3 brugs: Heloise, Cherub, Santa Rosa. And most probably I should stick with just a few since I really don't have anywhere to put them. However, should I get the urge, I may hit some of you up for cuttings at a later date!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out of the dark and into the windows

Pulled mine out of the garage and put them outside.
We're expecting temps in the high 60s low 70s for the week.

o

Is it going to stay that way through the night? It will be too cold at night for me to leave them out, but our days will be about the same as yours this week.

o

It's supposed to be near 80 this week but I'm sure we'll be back into the 40's on and off over the next month so nothing big is getting moved yet. Some of my small tropicals will get to enjoy fresh air but the big stuff will be staying put. I don't have the energy to schlep heavy pots in and out.

o

Mid 40s to 50 at night, we'll see what happens.

o

I don't either Karyn, that's why they're staying in windows for now. They only have a hint of green anyway. But just because they have to stay in doesn't mean I do! My bicycle is calling!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here