Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmbill_gw

Harbor Freight greenhouse

rmbill
13 years ago

Jerry, These are Greenhouses are 10' x 12' and come from Harbor Freight. Since you will have all summer to get one, you can wait for a sale. These list at like $850.00ish but I saw them on sale as low as $599.00 last summer, so watch for the sales. Harbor freight also sells kits with really nice aluminum plant benches and shelves. I bought 2 sets and it fills up the greenhouse very nicely.

Bill

Comments (5)

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info Bill.
    They are priced at $799.00 now. Found a $300.00 off coupon on ebay. Good till 4-17-2011.
    You ever had troubles with yours? Snowloads? Sagging doors?
    Everything I've read about this product (buyers comments) is that you have to do a lot of additional bracing and tapeing of panels so they don't blow away.
    For the price, it is still a great deal even with the extra re-inforceing. We have a Harbor Freight store in MPLS/St. Paul so I can pick up direct and save on shipping.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

• rmbill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jerry, The only problem that I had was not having enough of the wire panel clips. When you purchase it you should buy an extra package of 100 clips. They are cheap and Harbor Freight should have them. I don't use the greenhouse in the winter so it had a foot or so of heavy snow on it at times with no problem. I read about people needing to brace and such, but no problems here. I suppose if you don't have any trees around the yard the wind could be a problem. I love it.
    Bill

• karyn1
    13 years ago

We have a HF and used quite a few modifications including securing the panels with screws in addition to using the clips. Someone recently posted a link to someone's blog about building this GH. That's the one we went by and the GH has withstood several storms with winds in excess of 60 mph. I think that I've had this one for 3 years. The one issue I do have is with the sliding doors coming off track. All in all it's a decent GH. It's not a Rion but for $600 it's fine.

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Hi Jerry-
    My hubby and I just erected one of these HFGHs. We used the manual plus these instructions-
    http://hfgh10x12.blogspot.com/2007/08/this-is-greenhouse-we-bought-link-it.html.
    It went up without much incident. We had a pretty bad storm with winds of 30- 40 mph and it was fine. We will be installing those self tapping screws and rubber gaskets on the poly carbonate panels soon. I just love my gh! It was on sale when we bought it, and then we also found an online coupon, so we ended up paying $650 each. We bought 2 of them and hope to start the 2nd one soon.
    kasha77

• chena
    13 years ago

I bought on about 3 yrs ago also.. Shortly after Karyn put hers up.. After reading all of the upgrades and Hubby has been in Construction for over 40 yrs. I decided to sell it on Craigs List.. Figured it would be just as easy to build one and be able to make it much bigger for the same price.
    I didn't tell him I was buying it..LOL He just shook his head..
    I got my money back and the Guy's Wife was all Giddy..LOL

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations