Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lboyce_gw

Mailing Temps

lboyce
14 years ago

Does anyone know what mailing temps should be for brug plants? I'm in Zone 5 and our night time temps for the next couple of days will be around 24. I have a Rothkirch that I'm dying to get but will have to be a little more patient if it's too cold.

Linda

Comments (8)

• chena
    14 years ago

I wouldn't ship nor accept anything if the temps are below 40*F..Rothkirch..YUMMY!!!

Kylie

• sekhment
    14 years ago

yeap Im int he same boat lol but not with a Rothkirch, that is yummy I went ebay crazy lolol I found a awsome seller that is willing to hold cuttings for me and I just cant wait till warmer weather comes it will be better than christmas lololol
    cassie

• lboyce
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kylie...a seller on e-bay told me 20 degrees...that's why I asked!! Boy, again you saved me!

sekhment.....I know what you mean!! LOL

Linda

• chena
    14 years ago

At 20* you are at the mercy of the PO..It's not their package..YIKES!!!

• davidwv
    14 years ago

Linda,

When I sell brugs on eBay or privately and the transactions happen during cold weather I always included either a 60 hour or 72 hour heat pack. This is how they ship Tropical Fish or Reptiles in the winter to ensure that they live.

They are only a few dollars each, so maybe the person you are getting Rothkirch from could use a Heat Pack if you just can't wait.

But if you can wait it would be best.

David

• karyn1
    14 years ago

20 F with no heat pack? Do they also say that they'll replace it when it arrives damaged? lol I was going to mention the heat packs that David spoke of. I get mine from the pet store. They use them for shipping live fish. If you can't find them locally or the seller doesn't offer them you can get them online and on Ebay. They work well but don't get anything less then 60 hr, 72 is better.

• lboyce
    Original Author
    14 years ago

20 degrees just didn't sound right and I just had a "gut" feeling to wait! They say "good things come to those who wait" so I'm just going to be patient for a bit longer! Rothkirch is a plant, already rooted, not cuttings in which I count my blessings!! I think I'll still go find the heat packs...they sound like a good thing to have on hand.

Linda

• chena
    14 years ago

Linda the longer it is growing out the stronger it will be.. A reputable dealer will have no problem holding it for you till it is safe to ship..

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths