Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inside, losing leaves

Posted by karan_in_oregon Zone 8 Oregon (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 14:01

Hi, I have a 2 1/2 year old plant that I bring in for the winter. It started growing again a couple of months ago. It is losing its leaves. Just touching them and they fall off. I did move it to a brighter spot and fed it a few days ago. It is rootbound and will need to be repotted when it is goes outside. I can barely pick up the pot now. I think it was damp when I fed it. The leaves look mottled and have almost a bronzy cast to the larger leaves. I put it in the bathtub and sprayed it with warm water and drenched it hoping to dilute the fertilzer it that was the problem. I used the same solution on other indoor plants and they are ok.
Oh, I do mist with water for humidity.
Maybe taking a cutting would be a good idea?
I was hoping it would bloom this year : )
Any ideas are appreciated.
TIA
Karan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inside, losing leaves

Hi- does it have enough drainage? Could be you over watered it. Is the stem wrinkled? Don't be afraid to take it out of its pot and inspect the roots. That always tells me something. Maybe it's too dry or too wet. Let's go from there!

o

Hi, Thank you for your help.
My eyesight isn't very good, but I finally saw some spider webs on the ends of the branches. I sprayed with water, oil, and a few drops of soap. I took it outside and it has been there eversince. It seems to be handling conditions outside even though it has been raining. I hope the combination will take care of the problem. I don't know if they were spider mites but I do see some fine webs on the neighboring plants. I sprayed them inside since it is too cold for them outside. It is rootbound and I plan on repotting it outside so I don;t have to lift it. Thanks again, Karan

o

If that doesn't take care of them you can use bayer 3 in one for roses systemic on them and it will take care of regular spider mites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here