Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keriann_lakegeneva

Brugmansia Book?

keriann_lakegeneva
13 years ago

I know.. another question :)

and I may still have to get a plumeria cutting... oh gosh..

anyways...Do any of you have a recommendation for a book on Brugmansias? Including propagation, history, variety, care, ect.

Let me know

Thanks

Keriann~

Comments (13)

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

This is the one I have. A very informative book with great pics.

Ulrike and Hans-Georg Preissel
    Brugmansia and Datura
    Angel's Trumpets and Thorn Apples
    Firefly Books

Jerry

• chena
    13 years ago

That is a Beautiful Book!! There is also a lot of info at BGI that is accessible even if you are not a member. They are who have the Brugmansia Registry. Great place..

Kylie

• karyn1
    13 years ago

The one by Preissel is great and is probably the first book that any of us buy. You can get it in a soft cover for under $20

Here is a link that might be useful: Ulrike and Hans-Georg Preissel

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Yes, that was my first book too. BGI is a wonderful site, but they don't hold the official title of Brugmansia Registry. The Official role of ICRA for Brugmansia is iBrugs! To be assured that a cultivar is registered, that's the place to list anyone's new cultivar.
    For more info see-
    http://www.ibrugs.com/CultivarRegistration/CultivarRegistrationInformation.aspx
    All of the forums and content are free.
    kasha77

• fengshui05
    13 years ago

Kerryann,
    there are not many Brugmansia books around. I can recommend the book of Dr. Preissel if you are interested in cvs.
    If you want to know more about efficient growing there are some good places out there to ask and to communicate.
    There are two publications in prepare for this year with the topic on Brugmansia.
    Both Ibrugs and BGI (and others) offer nonmembers intersting stuff. You do not have to be a paid member if you want to access the forums at Ibrugs - at BGI only some forums are open.

Kylie - I wonder about your message that BGI holds the official Brugmansia registry ISHS - as you know that's not true. If you don't believe that than please have a look on the official ISHS page.
    That what we need is a strong Brugmansia community to get more people into brugmansia growing and not brug war - that some people want to implement for personal reasons.
    I say this as a member to both forums.

• kasha77
    13 years ago

I did want to add that it's very frustrating to me when I visit BGI and would like to access certain forums, but they are only open to paying members. Right now I can't afford it.
    kasha77

• chena
    13 years ago

OOP'S I stand corrected...âÂ¥âÂ¥âÂÂ¥

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much!

I really enjoy the other two forums, but there is something woderful about holding a book outside with a glass of wine in the summer air.

My eyeballs tend to fry out after staring at the screen at work and then at night too.

I will have to pick up that book and then look into these forums for any specific questions or suggestions.

Thank you again!

Keriann~

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

"I really enjoy the other two forums, but there is something woderful about holding a book outside with a glass of wine in the summer air."

I totally get that, which is why I probably never bought a Kindle lol!

I have the Preissel book as well and really like that is has more thorough information on both brugmansia and datura. Plus LOTS of pics.

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

Keriann, you better start stocking up on wine. Monica & Alistair's new book on brugmansia is due out in June and I hear it is over 400 pages. It is going to take you lots of glasses of wine to get through it. :)

Fred

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Fred! I will be stocking up soon :)

Keriann~

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Fred-
    What's the title of that book? I'd like to buy it too!
    kasha77

• sommergardens
    13 years ago

I just learned the book will not be available until September. I'm not sure how it will be distributed but I'm sure it will eventually be available on Amazon.

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!